Friday, May 21, 2010

Is it a cookie? Or a brownie??

That is the million dollar question. Is it a cookie OR a brownie???


Bakerella calls them Congo Bars..or BROOKIES!! These are a fabulous combination of a cookie in a brownie format. And boy are they delicious!


I think I might have not baked them quite long enough, but they were so good and moist and soft and gooey and chocolately. Oh my word, they lasted about 38 minutes in this house.

The recipe can be found on Bakerella's blog and I bet you have all the ingredients already in your pantry. What a fun Friday treat this would be!!


I hope you had a fabulous week. Mine was so busy and i'm looking forward to the weekend. Hope you all have a GREAT one!!

10 comments:

Joni M said...

Those look like a great treat to make for the guys at work! I wonder how long they would last there... LOL!

Monique said...

So I am looking at the updates on my blog list and I see Is it a cookie? or a brownie?..It took me a few moments to decided if I dare come to visit!!! OH MY WORD!! OH MY WORD!! I think I am going to have to make these Mara!!! I will let you know how many minutes they last at my house!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Call it whatever you like - it looks delicious either way!

VanessaB said...

those do look delicious. mmmm!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Either way, I think I am making those for memorial weekend!!

Lee said...

Oh yum! They look delicious. I always end up buying instead of baking. Have a great weekend.

BethieJ said...

YUM!!! These look FABULOUS Mara!

Sue said...

I would call them a bar:) They look so good!

Amber Zimmerman said...

Oh my goodness. . .those look SO good! Just had cookie/brownie at a cookout yesterday. . .they were so gooey. The best way to have 'em! :)

IamDerby said...

These look really tasty! I need to make some.