Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake

Hi Everyone! Happy Tuesday!! How was your Memorial Day weekend?? We had a great one filled with good friends, good food, good beer and great weather. I did alot of baking and tried quite a few new recipes. Strawberries are in season and our local fruit stands are bursting with the beautiful, red, sweet, fruit. We had a BBQ on Saturday and wanted to try a cheesecake. Not mini cheesecakes (which you can see HERE and HERE) but a big one. Big cheesecakes scare me because you have to be so careful of the temperature in the oven and all sorts of other things so it won't crack or fall or explode. But I decided I was ready for the challenge. I am a BIG fan of this blog, Annie's Eats. She has all sorts of awesome recipes and I decided to try her Strawberry Cheesecake. It did not disappoint!!!


The recipe called for reducing fresh strawberry juice and then adding that plus fresh strawberry chunks to the cheesecake. It's topped with a semi-sweet chocolate ganache. And I did a graham cracker crust (instead of an almond crust like she suggests).


I topped it off with sliced fresh strawberries. And I do have to say this was delicious. Amazingly delicious. The cheesecake set up perfectly and I followed her instructions to a T. It calls for baking your cheesecake in a water bath set-up in the oven. I think that helps it cook evenly?? Whatever it did...it was perfect!


I don't have a photo of the inside because it disappeared too fast at the BBQ. Even my kids loved it and they will usually choose a store-bought popsicle over anything I make for dessert. LOL!! I hope you had a great weekend. Did you bake anything tasty or new???

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Sue said...

What a BEAUTIFUL culinary piece of art! Wish I could have sampled it:) I know it was delicious!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous cheesecake. You really went all out with the perfectly sliced berries on top. How cool that it was such a big hit!

Heather Baird said...

VERY pretty and delicious too I'll bet. I'm in love with strawberries right now. I love how you sliced and arranged them!!

Monique said...

Beautiful Mara!! I have saved this picture of your cheesecake in my files and will one day use it as inspiration for a card or project... Love it!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Mara! This strawberrry cheesecake looks not only like a perfect masterpiece but is making me drool! YUMMY :)

mustangkayla said...

How pretty is that? I'd be afraid to cut into it! Although it does look mighty delicious!

Joni M said...

WOW, Mara! That's beautiful! If it tastes only half as good as it looks, no wonder it disappeared so FAST!

wendipooh13 said...

ok.. oh my gosh YUM!! that looks amazing.. I gotta try that one

Amanda said...

BEEEEutiful! Great job!

Blessings-
Amanda

Kelly B Rutherford said...

OMG that looks amazing!!! I bet it taste amazing, too!!! YUM!

Lee said...

Cheesecake is my absolute favourite. That looks amazing, I can well imagine how good it tasted.

Sarah said...

oh my goodness that looks awesome!!!

IamDerby said...

Oh YUM!