Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Creative Scrappers Sketch #125

Hi Everyone!! I decided to play along with Creative Scrappers this week. This is an awesome sketch blog, you should definitely check it out!! Here is the sketch...


And here is my layout. I used the Add-On kit from 3 Scrappy Boys this month, which features the Wander line from Basic Grey!


You may be asking yourself...blues and greens with a sunset photo? Yeah, I wasn't sure it was going to work either. But I played with the photo a bit in photoshop and made it a bit dark and mysterious with just a pop of sun peeking over the horizon. And I think it works! And you really can't go wrong with circles, lots and lots of circles!


A little bit of paint, some flowers, and some letters from Cosmo Cricket finished it off!


I went to Hawaii last year at Thanksgiving and this is the first photo i've scrapped from that trip! I have sooooo many photos, it's completely overwhelming. So I chose to ignore them for now. Has that ever happened to you??

Happy Wednesday everyone, thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful photo of that Hawaiian sunset Mara! Great take on the sketch!

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty layout Mara! I have done the same thing. Have you seen the new page protectors that are divided into 4x6 slots. You could always slip 5 in and scrap a 4x6 spot with journaling or whatever. I have yet to try it, but keep saying I will. Haha!

Kelly B Rutherford said...

Love the circles, great LO!

Joni M said...

I like how you altered the photo... very cool! I haven't used circles in ages! It's a great look!

VanessaB said...

I still haven't scrapped Christmas 09 because there's so many photos and .... yeah.... not sure where to even begin. LOVE your Hawaii LO and the colors do definitely work. I esp. like the brown background paper. those wood alphas are awesome :)

Sue said...

Wow, you took it to the next level! Mara, Unfortunately I have big BOXES of photos!

Monique said...

Well if your not tempting me with your baked goods, your tempting me to call and book a holiday!!!! Such a beautiufl sunset and your Lo compliments it so beautifully..Great LO Mara..

Kim said...

This is just lovely Mara, the circles look fabulous and I like the little black rubons under the title

Cecelia said...

This is a great LO! Love the dp and flowers are great. Beautiful sunset!

Hugs
Cecelia B

melody said...

love your take on the sketch chickie! and wow..what a beautiful photo!

Rebecca Keppel said...

I love the soothing colors and the circles are such a cool design element.

B said...

Fun take on the sketch!

Christa said...

I love sunset photos. Lovely page. :)

Aubree said...

I think the BG papers work wonderfully with the sunset picture! I love all of the circles and the paint behind the picture is just perfect.