These are delicious sugar cookie bars with an equally delicious marshmallow fluff frosting. I may never go back to traditional buttercream again. Marshmallow fluff frosting (with rainbow sprinkles!) is where it's at. And will probably be responsible for an extra pants size. Or two.
You can color the frosting whatever color your heart desires. These are the perfect take anywhere cookie bar!
Here are the recipes for both the bars and the frosting. I hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by!
Sugar Cookie Bars
recipe from Cookies and Cups
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In your mixer cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer on low, add in your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix until just combined.
- Press dough evenly into your prepared pan. This is a tough step, the dough will be super sticky!!
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges begin to golden.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- 1/2 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk or water
- Mix butter and Fluff until smooth on medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar with mixer on low.
- Add in milk and turn speed up to medium and mix until all combined and smooth.
- Color frosting if desired. I typically use the Wilton gel color (bought at Michael's) because it doesn't dilute the frosting like liquid food coloring.