Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Some recent projects

I was participating in a 4-week contest over at Scrap 4 Life. I didn't make it to the final round, but I did have loads of fun with the challenges and I made some layouts that I really like!

This first one was a Bling challenge. I used glimmer mist on the big letters, stickles on the smaller letters, stickles to outline the butterflies in the patterned paper, and some really cool Heidi Swapp glitter tipped flowers. I love this paper from Close To My Heart.




The next challenge was to use a transparency. I took a plain one and stamped with a toilet paper roll with red acrylic paint. The paint was thin, and bubbled up. When I popped it, it splattered but I think I like the look! I used some older S.E.I. paper that I just picked up for a great price at the local scrap expo.



This last one was to make your own embellishment. I cut out ovals with my cricut and layered them to make a butterfly, adding some primas and bling. I also handmade the buttons up top. Used clear epoxy circles, placed them on patterned paper, cut the circles out and punched button holes with my Cropodile. Love this paper from My Mind's Eye. Although...it's tough to find a patterned paper I don't love! LOL!!



Now i'm working on my April kit from Itty Bitty Scrap Shack. It's full of Fancy Pants goodness and it's alot of fun to work with!

No comments: