Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Coaster Box

I did this tutorial for a Coaster Box when I was the guest designer at Moments 2 Remember and thought i'd share it here. This is a great way to give a little holiday gift or just a thinking of you gift. You will need 5 3x3 or 4x4 sized coasters (get from your local bar!!) or cut pieces of plain chipboard to that size. You'll also need strong adhesive, modpodge, your favorite patterned paper, ribbon and matching embellies.

Cut your patterned paper to the size of your coasters (either 3x3 or 4x4). Adhere the paper to coasters using Modpodge or another strong adhesive.

Measure out equal spaces on the side of your coaster and punch 3 holes on each side. I used my cropodile.

Using the ribbon you picked out, tie all sides of the box together.

Then using your strong adhesive, line the 5th coaster around the edges with your adhesive. Attach it to the bottom of the box and let it sit and dry until it's good and tight!!

You could also cover both sides of the coasters with paper or paint if you don't like the raw chipboard showing. Then, fill it with whatever you want. A bag of candy, a scented candle, bath goodies, coffee, tea...wouldn't this make a super cute Halloween box for a neighbor or friend filled with fun Halloween goodies???

Go make one today!

6 comments:

Mel Place said...

thank mara gotta try this!your box came out beautiful.tfs

BethieJ said...

I LOVE this Mara!! I have my Halloween one READY to give.. Need to make one more.. :) Cant give one kiddo one and not the other LOL!! :) Or maybe I can keep it! :)
Hope your day is GREAT!

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Hi Mara,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I am excited to have someone else to share my passion with! I will be back often to check out your site and LOVE the cute box, great idea! (this is Bethie J's SIL, by the way)

Zoa said...

ahhhh!! blogger just ate my whole long comment! grrrrrrr :(u

Zoa said...

ok so I said something like this:

I LOVE the box- every time I see it I think "this is soooo stinkin cute!!" And!!! I love love love your zoo pics! they are AWESOME! I can't wait to see the pages you make with those pics. WHAT FUN!!!

Ok have a wonderful weekend!!!

Deanna said...

Adorable Mara! What a great idea!