Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Weekend

Are you ready for lots and lots of photos? I had a great time last weekend with my family. It was my mom's birthday, so I flew up to my sister's house to surprise her. But first things first...had to taste my BIL's homebrew!!

He just got all the stuff to start brewing for Christmas and this is one of his first batches, some sort of pale ale. I think!! It was clear and crisp and delicious. I could seriously drink this all day!!

My sister and I then drove up to my mom's, where I jumped out of the backseat of the car to surprise her. I think she was surprised!! And here's what I got for me, a super cute custom apron from Etsy. I got my sister one and of course had to get one for myself. See the white on mine? They are skulls, SOOOO COOL!!! My sister forced us to pose by the Kitchenaid mixer for this photo, LOL!!

Then my youngest brother and his girlfriend came over and even brought a yummy cake!!


We then met my other brother and his wife out for dinner. My mom and 2 brothers all have birthdays within a week of each other, so it was one big birthday celebration!! Cheers!!


And look at this yummy dessert, some raspberry chocolate thing...can't remember the name but it was delicious!


The next day was the scrapbooking expo. We were excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Here's my mom, contemplating the huge wall of stickers.


Lots of fun stuff to look at, but not very many things I wanted to buy. I did get some glimmer screens from Tattered Angels that I can't wait to try and filled up my pink bucket at Queen & Co. Had fun watching my mom buy some Pink Paislee papers and lots of Stickles!! My sister and I just had fun being goofballs!!


And here we all are! We were in the Close To My Heart booth and totally made a scene trying to take this self portrait. Then two ladies asked me what kind of camera I had and we chatted about cameras for a while and then got pretty loud. And the ladies wanted to take our photo for us and my sister made us take the photos again because she wanted to be the tallest, etc....all the time the Close To My Heart consultant was giving us the stinkeye! I don't think she liked us making her booth our own personal gabbing space!! LOL!


Thanks Mom and Sarah for such a fun trip! And it was great seeing my two brothers, too. Don't worry Paul...you'll get your very own post very soon! Stay tuned...!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow those are some seriously HOT ladies on your post!! The weekend was a blast, so glad we all got to be together. And yes, it's lucky we made it out of the CTMH booth without getting stabbed with a pair of scissors :)

Kristii said...

You all look like you are having a such a great time!!! What an awesome surprise!! Love those aprons!!! All of you are so beautiful, I couldn't tell which one was your mom!!! Thanks for sharing and making me smile!! Have a great day!

Lisa said...

What a great time you seemed to have. But of course, family time and scrap-shopping...what could be better?!?!? Just found your blog. Thought I would say hello. Stop by sometime and say hi if you get the chance. I love making new friends! I will visit again soon.

Karen said...

I love seeing all the photos, as you can tell you had a marvelous time with the family Mara! Love the pics of you and your sis. Don't you just love the scrap expos! They are a blast!

-Karen

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE the photos.. it looks like you had a GREAT time on your weekend get away... LOVE the aprons!! What FUN!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!