Hi Everyone!! Welcome to Sweet Melissa Sunday. Unfortunately, I did not have time to bake the recipe this week. It sounded very interesting...Pavlova Peach Melba. Patty from Birding, Blossoms and Baking picked the recipe this week and I am really looking forward to seeing what everybody else did with it. I've never made a Pavlova before and the week was just too crazy to try it.
Instead, i'm going to share a recipe that I discovered last Christmas in a Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Baking magazine.
Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Ganache
taken from Better Homes and Gardens 'Christmas Cookies' 2009
1 Devil's food cake mix
1/3 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanut butter
2 tsps vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp whipping cream
3/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 package milk chocolate pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a 15x10x1 baking pan with foil. Grease the foil
1. Combine dry cake mix, 1/3 cup melted butter and egg. Mix until combined
2. Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
3. Combine 3/4 cup butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix well. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined. Beat in the 2 tbsp whipping cream. Stir in the chopped peanut. Spread over the cooled chocolate crust. Put the pan into the fridge.
4. For chocolate ganache: bring 1/2 cup whipping cream just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
5. Very gently, pour ganache over the bars in the pan. Spread to the edges with a spatula. Chill until set (about 1-2 hours). Life the uncut bars out of the pan using the foil. Cut into bars.
I need to clean my knife between cuttings!! These were the most amazing peanut butter chocolate bars. I love peanut butter and chocolate, it's my most favorite food combination ever. I love love it and I've eaten tons of it in my short lifetime. And I would have to rate these at the top of my list. Amazing bars and so easy. Especially starting from a cake mix. What's easier than that???
Hope you are having a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by on this Sweet Sunday!