Monday, April 26, 2010

Wall Hanging

Hi and Happy Monday everyone!! It has been crazy busy around here. My sweet hubbie was gone for 5 days on a baseball trip which meant that I was here with the kids myself. We had lots of sporting events and birthday parties and stuff going on. It was fun, but busy! I even missed baking for my Sweet Melissa Sunday group. I just couldn't fit it all in.

Today I want to share a wall hanging I made for my office at work. The April 3 Scrappy Boys Trio kit came with a chipboard album that I turned into a wall hanging for my office.


I loved the shape of the chipboard pieces. For the first piece, I painted it with crackle paint and I like how you can see the embossing design from the chipboard through the crackle paint.


I made some accordian flowers with the paper from Kaisercraft in the kit. I just love these colors. Before scoring the paper, I used my threading water punch on one side of the strip of paper. I then scored between the scallops and brought it all together.


After getting the hang of these flowers, they are really fun!! I cut the flourishes out using my Cricut.



I used some of my latest favorite photos of my kids at the park. My daughter's hair is all over the place, but I love it anyway!! This was fun to put together and I really love those accordian flowers. They are pretty bulky and I shy away from putting them in my scrapbookings, but I do love using them for altered items.

Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by!!

17 comments:

Joni M said...

What a wonderful wall hanging! It's going to look great in your office! TFS!

Monique said...

Oh I love this Mara...Your so talented!! Thank you so much for leaving me such nice comments..I miss everybody in blog land!!

Kim said...

wow Mara I love this so clean and fressh and pretty

Leah said...

I love this! The colors and flowers and flourishes and of course the adorable pics of your cuties are all ljust perfect:) I also loved seeing those gorgeous cookies you made, yummo!

Mona Pendleton said...

Love it Mara! What a fun piece of art to get to look at & enjoy while at work! Sounds like you & your kiddos had a great time! :) TFS

Rebecca Keppel said...

Very pretty wall hanging. Seeing those happy, smiling faces at work will make your day :)

Lydia said...

What a great wall hanging!! Fantastic!

Lora Oliver said...

Such a great altered project. The accordian flowers are one of my faves too and I really like the different techniques on the chipboard base. Beautiful way to showcase two of the cutest kiddos on the planet.

Heather Baird said...

That is just so pretty. :)

ellen s. said...

oooh! i just love this! esp the colors and fab details like the flowers!!!

Gina said...

super cute! Love that flower.

mustangkayla said...

How pretty! Fabulous work!

Dana said...

This. is. awesome. Will you make me one if I send you the photos? I want one on my office wall! *grin*

Samantha Hauzer said...

Gorgeous wall hanging Mara! I love those accordian flowers, they look perfect. Mine never turn out that good, lol.

Sue said...

What a cute piece of art...You are so creative!

B said...

Wow, what a wonderful wall hanging!

BethieJ said...

Mara this turned out FABULOUS!!! I LOVE it!!! What cute photos of the kiddos!
Hope your day is GREAT!