Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kayla's Jewelry Board

I've had this project in my head for quite a while. I've been wanting to make a board for my daughter to hang all her nice jewelry. It usually sits in a drawer in the bathroom and gets all tangled up and caught in hair ties and other stuff. And she forgets what she has. She really enjoys wearing jewelry and I thought this would be a good place to keep it all nice and neat, no tangles. When I saw these cork bulletin boards at Michael's right around back to school time, I grabbed one immediately. And finally completed it!


I painted the outside edge with crackle medium and purple acrylic paint to match her room (it's very purple).


I used papers and chipboard embellies from the Pixielicious line by Cosmo Cricket. I love all the purples in this paper. And so many fun chipboard embellies, I love that more companies have chipboard to match their papers.



And one big flower in the corner!


She has been wearing her jewelry more and it's not tangled. And I love that! Hope you are having a great week so far...thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

Mara that is sooo cute!!! I totally need to make Sydney one!!! love it

pattiwest said...

very cute and a great idea for your daughter's jewelry! :)

mustangkayla said...

How cute is that? I love it! You need to post it on Cosmo Crickets facebook wall!

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable! I bet Kayla loves it!

Meaghan Frubalee said...

my mom made one of those for me when i was little- just yellow! lovely :)

i am sure she appreciates it and will for years to come!! so cute!


-meg @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com/

Michelle H. said...

I love this!!
So pretty and so creative!!
What a wonderful idea!!'
TFS!!

Diane said...

Oh my, I have a DD that could use one of these. Thanks for the inspiration!!! It is purple and beautiful.

Jenelle said...

Great project, love the colors!

Joni Kix said...

This is such an adorable altered project! Kayla and I have something in common... purple is my favorite too!

VanessaB said...

CUTE!! lucky girl :)

Monique said...

What a fab Idea!! I have 3 girls all complaining that the other is wearing their stuff.. This would be a perfect little Christmas gift!!

Rebecca said...

It came out so cute! My DD's room is purple too ;)

Karina said...

So cute - I was planning on making something similar for Kendall using the framed window screen (for the earrings to poke through) but I like this idea better - you can hang all kinds of stuff with the pins. So cute.

Belinda said...

Oh what a GREAT idea! Your DD is so lucky!

IamDerby said...

What an awesome idea!