Monday, January 24, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies

My family loves snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are everybody's 2nd favorite cookie, right behind chocolate chip. When I made my husband a snickerdoodle bundt cake for his birthday, I knew I was on to something good. And when I ran across this recipe for snickerdoodle blondies, I knew I had to make them!!


If you ever want a really fast way to get snickerdoodles to the table, this is the recipe. There is no rolling of the dough balls, no dipping the dough balls in cinnamon and sugar. It's a bar type cookie and they are so super easy to make it probably should be illegal.



Mmmm...cinnamon....sugar...baked crispy sugar crust...what more can you ask for? Here's the recipe!!

Snickerdoodle Blondies
from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon grated or ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a pinch nutmeg

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and/or line a 9×13 inch pan. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for 3-5 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (spread it out with a greased spatula or your hands). Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting. Makes 20-24 bars.


I have to run...I am hopelessly addicted to The Bachelor and I must watch tonight. I feel like I need therapy everytime I watch this show. Anybody else watching????

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh yum!! but once you said blondies I kept thinking of the choco chip kind and now I MUST make some! Do you have a good recipe for those?

Karina said...

I was just thinking about blondies the other day. Add snickerdoodle to it and now I've got to give this a try. Yum.

Heather Baird said...

Oh my gosh! Snickerdoodle in bar form? I'm excited. :)

Monique said...

Yumm these sound delicious :)..Thanks for the recipe !!

mustangkayla said...

Those sound yummy!

Sue said...

Sounds delish, Mara!

BethieJ said...

Mara YUM!! These look and sound FABULOUS!!!
Have a GREAT day!

B said...

Oh yum! I love snickerdoodles as well! :)

IamDerby said...

oh my yumminess!

IamDerby said...

and I forgot to say I am totally addicted to the bachelor as well.

Meg Luby said...

snickerdoodle bars?!

score one for the home team!

love this :) thanks for posting. need to get my cinnamony goodness on now ;)

-meg
@ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
@
http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Ummm with all these great recipes I will never fit into anything- Ha, ha!! They look amazing. Thanks for sharing!