Happy New Year everyone! While I am excited for the new year, I also like to look back on the passing year. I realized that I did a ton of baking this year, more than I could have guessed at the beginning of the year. I thought it would be fun to put together a Top 10 Recipes of 2010. It was tough to pick, but here they are. In no particular order...
1. Strawberry Lemonade: This is a recipe from the Sweet Melissa Sunday cookbook. I cannot wait until strawberries are in season again to make this.
2. Candy Cane Biscotti: I know this is a seasonal recipe but I can't wait until next holiday season to make these again. This was my favorite new recipe from this past holiday season.
3. Snickers Cupcakes: Snickers, chocolate cake, buttercream frosting, caramel...what's not to love!
4. Snickerdoodle Cake: My husband's favorite cookie...in cake form. Delicious!!
5. Strawberry Cheesecake: This recipe turned me into a hardcore cheesecake fan.
7. Blueberry Banana Bread: This is a vegan recipe, but don't let that scare you. It's the best banana blueberry bread ever!
8. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich cookies: No words needed for these other than LOVE!!
9. Homeade Peanut Butter Cups Can you tell I love peanut butter?
10. Alton Brown's Soft Pretzels When your sweet tooth is full, these are a delighful alternative! I use margarita salt on the top, because I always have margarita salt handy.
There you have it, my top 10 of 2010!! I am looking forward to more baking and experimenting in 2011. Happy New Year Everyone!