I have made quite a few different kinds of truffles. Peanut Butter Truffles, Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles, Cake Truffles...but these little goodies that I made last weekend I think were the best truffles yet. Sugar Cookie Truffles!!
I have always loved sugar cookies and these just took sugar cookies to the next level. Here is what you need:
Recipe from Cookies and Cups
1 bag of pre-packaged sugar cookie mix (you can use your own recipe if desired)
1 can of vanilla frosting
1 bag white chocolate chips
1. Mix the sugar cookie mix according to the package. Bake and make sure you don't over bake them. In fact, you might want to under bake just a little bit.
2. Let cookies cool completely.
3. Mash up cookies...food processor, rolling pin smash in a bag, whatever you need to do to smash them up good and smashed.
4. Mix in can of frosting until you can roll the dough into balls.
5. Freeze dough balls for about 20 minutes.
6. Melt white chocolate chips in microwave bowl in the microwave until smooth and creamy. You can add a tbsp of shortening if needed to make creamy.
7. Dip frozen dough balls in chocolate. Add sprinkles and let harden at room temperature.
8. Eat, eat, eat!!!
I had some extra mini cupcake liners hanging around, so I put them into the liners for a festive look. What do you think?
And the mini size = built in portion control!!! Do you think I just ate one???
With Valentine's Day coming up, you can even switch things up a bit. Get yourself some candy melts from your local craft store and make some Valentine sugar cookie truffles.
For some reason i've been hoarding these super cute heart sprinkles. I just love them!
These might actually be the perfect refueling food for my long marathon training runs. Do you think they would fit in my pocket or tucked into my sports bra??? Mmmm...might be worth trying.
Happy Friday Everyone!!