Hi Everybody!! As you read this, I am sipping a nice cold cocktail by the pool in Vegas with my most favorite besties in the whole world. I am enjoying a kid-free adult weekend with my closest friends and family. But I would love to share this recipe with you, it's a favorite around here and always wins rave reviews...Marbled Cheesecake Brownies.
It's a great combination of brownies and cheesecake. They are moist with a nice crusty crust over the top. Oh man, these are good.
If it's not 110 degrees at your house and you want to turn on the oven this weekend, make these!! You won't be disappointed.
Marbled Cheesecake Brownies
from the book The Great Big Cookie Book
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 pan with waxed paper and grease the paper.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Meanwhile beat the eggs until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until blended. Sift over the flour, salt, and baking powder and fold in.
4. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla extract. Set aside 2 cups of the chocolate batter.
5. To make the plain batter, cream the butter and cream cheese.
6. Add the sugar and beat until blended. Beat in the eggs, flour, and vanilla.
7. Spread the unmeasured chocolate batter into pan. Pour over the cream cheese/plain batter. Drop spoonsfuls of the reserved chocolate batter on top.
8. Swirl the mixtures to marble. Do not blend completely.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes until just set. Uncold when cool and cut into squares.
Happy Brownie Baking!!