Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monogram Cards

Happy Tuesday everyone!! We got back late last night from an amazing weekend in Vegas. We celebrated my husband and my 40th birthdays. He turned in April but my birthday isn't until October. But we decided to celebrate together this summer. Best decision ever!! I think I need a week to recover.

Today I want to share some simple monogramed notecards I made using PSA Essentials NEW monogram stamps!! The sets have 5 different letter designs to be used for anything and everything. Here is my card set.

  
I used the scalloped monogram 'C' and my trusty punches to create 2 scalloped layered circles. I also used my Martha Stewart punch to add some detail to the bottom of the card. These seriously came together very quickly and now i'll have some great notecards whenever I need them. And you know I couldn't resist making a box for my cards!!


I used my PTI Captured Card case template to create this box. Perfect fit for the cards!! 


The PSA design team was generously sent some great Helmar adhesives that I used on these cards. I used the Zap Dots to create a little height with the monogram and their 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to put together the box. Great great adhesives! I am looking forward to using more of it.

I hope you all had a great weekend! I will be back with some more scrappy stuff this week!

11 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love the monogram!!
Glad you and dh had a awesome time in Vegas!!
Thats a fun place!!

Kim said...

lovely lovely I adore how elegant these look!

VanessaB said...

so nice! i esp. love the one with a bow. "happy birthday" - late and early- to you both :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

Glad to hear your "birthday" week was so much fun! These are so beautifully elegant--love them!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty Momograms!

Julia Aston said...

Wow- Vegas! I bet you had a fun time with all the shows and slot machines!!

Love these pretty monogram notes Mara - the lacey edge is so pretty as well as the purple colors!

wendipooh13 said...

what a cool bday!!! glad you had fun!!! adorable cards!!

Hey I just left ya a blogger award... check it out!!!

http://scrappydayinparadise.blogspot.com/2011/08/ive-got-sweeeet-blogger-award.html

Angi Barrs said...

Hope you had a happy birthday. Sounds like fun. Love your monogram cards too. :)

Sue said...

I never tire of scalloped edges or monograms:). I pretty much bought a cookbook once just because the pages were all scalloped. Well, it was also a chocolate themed cookbook:)
Happy Birthday!

melody said...

such beautiful and elegant cards! love the lace work along the bottom..nice touch

antenucci said...

Love your monogram cards so elegant!