Monday, August 15, 2011

Beach Camping

We are a camping family. We tent camped for many many years and always had so much fun. My daughter did some of her first crawling in a tent. We've had great trips to the beach, Mammoth Lakes, Sequoia National Forest, Lake Tahoe. A few years ago we invested in a used pop-up tent trailer and we are loving it! We spent the last weekend beach camping with 3 other couples. It's so fun camping with friends because my kids have friends they can play with and the adults actually get some adult time. It's a total win-win. We used to have to watch our kids every second when camping so it's nice they are older and can sorta do their own thing. Don't worry, we still feed them.

Here are some pics from our weekend...

My daughter (on the right) and a good friend making sand castles...


Husband and Son fishing...


Riding Bikes:


Crazy Boys being crazy:


We got my daughter a wetsuit and we could NOT get her out of the ocean. She was getting pummeled by some of the waves, but would get up and brush the hair from her face and go back out. Check out this series of photos. The first one is her getting demolished by a wave...


Now she's getting up...


Brushing herself off...


And going right back out!!
And don't worry, there were other adults watching in case she couldn't get out of the wave washing machine. She was an animal. I think I should seriously consider some surfing lessons for her birthday. She would absolutely love it!!

I hope you all had a great weekend! My kids have one more week before school starts. Hope you're enjoying the last weeks of summer. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

IamDerby said...

Wow you make camping look like fun. My husband is from a camping family, I am not a huge fan. LOL Your daughter is adorable!

Michelle H. said...

Glad all of you had a great time!!
Pop up tents are so fun we had one before dd was born.
Now I hope after the fishing cabin is doen we get another one so we dont have to use cabins when we travel.
Love all your fun pictures!!
My dd doss the same thing when she boogie boards she doesnt care she just wants to be in the water with the waves too!
Have a wonderful week!!

Mandy said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you all had a great time!

mustangkayla said...

How fun! Great pictures! We are a camping family too! I'm looking forward to camping when the kids are a little more independent and its not so much work for me!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Awesome photos! Looks like you all had a blast!

Mona Pendleton said...

What awesome family photos Mara! Looks like you and your family had a great vacation! Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us :)

Joni M said...

What great photos, Mara. I really love the one of your daughter and her friend! My husband and both my kids surf. I think your daughter is too young to surf, not because of willingness (she's and anmimal, hehehe), but because she's not strong enough to paddle a board into a wave. My husband waited until the kids were 11yrs before teaching them. Just FYI.

Sue said...

Fun! Her wetsuit must nake her feel invincible!