Sunday, August 21, 2011

Birthday Goodies

Sunday night...all is quiet in the house...another work week, first week of school for my husband (he's a teacher) and my kids, new teachers and new homework, soccer scrimmages, first soccer games on Saturday...This coming week will be busy busy busy I am sure. So i'm enjoying the quiet while it lasts.

If you have a Cricut and you have the SCAL software, I highly recommend the templates from My Scrap Chick. She has a set of bag templates that I use all the time. In fact, here is one now!


I used the Confetti line from America Crafts to decorate the front of the box. I love the AC lacy ribbon and I added some cute Jillibean Soup stick pins!


And a pinwheel on a stick...what says birthday more than a pinwheel on a stick? No??


I love having projects like this already completed. So when I remember at the last minute it's somebody's birthday, I already have a gift bag ready to go. And a pinwheel.

Hope you had a great weekend!! Thanks for stopping by...

15 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful pinwheel!!
Love the paper you used and beautiful gift box!!
Very fun and adorbale!!
You do have a busy week!!
Hope it slows down for you!!
Hugs!

yyam said...

How awesome is this gift bad! Love the pinwheel too! Makes the perfect last-minute gift! :)

Kim said...

totally love the colours in that pin wheel!

Elena said...

so cute! and what a great idea to have it all ready-to-go!

Joni M said...

What a fun project, and so great to have on hand for last minute giving!

Deanna @ The Unnatural Mother said...

These are adorable!!

VanessaB said...

omg- soooo cute! fun pinwheel! that's been on my "to try list" for so long. I need to get to it! I love the papers you used! i wish i had that cricut program.

wendipooh13 said...

that is such a fun project and sooo cute!!!! love it!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun little gift ensemble Mara! Love the sweet pinwheel!

Angi Barrs said...

Glad you guys had a great start to the school year. My new students were awesome today. :)
Love this project...especially that pinwheel. :)

Sue said...

Love that pinwheel! Enjoy the quiet while you can:)

Karina said...

That little pinwheel is just perfect with the addition of the bakers twine bow. Sweet.

BrendaB said...

This is such a cute project! I love the white lace on the bag!

Terri said...

Great gift set. Love the pinwheel and the cupcake dp too!

Rebecca Keppel said...

the gift bag is fabulous but the pinwheel really adds such an awesome touch!