Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Got Cake???

I'm taking a cake decorating class at my local Michael's and i'm having a ball. Last week we needed to bring a 2-layer cake and buttercream frosting in 3 different consistencies. We leveled, filled and frosted the cake. Then we learned all sorts of borders and zigzags and writing and the rose. The rose was definitely the hardest, some of mine looked more like cabbages. My daughter asked me if this was my wedding cake. I didn't bring any colors with me, so the whole thing is white! Here's my first attempt.




This week I am bringing cupcakes and we are learning more decorations. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Joni M said...

Cake decorating? How FUN!!! Your cake came out beautiful!

Mel Place said...

MARA TOO BEAUTIFUL just imagine putting color on it next time..yummy

BethieJ said...

Mara that is BEAUTIFUL!!! You did a GREAT job!!! I cant wait to see your cupcakes!!!