Monday, November 14, 2011

Wine Bottle Tags

With the holidays approaching quickly, I am always looking for a fun, quick way to dress up a hostess gift. My husband is a homebrewer and homebrew always makes a nice hostess gift. Wine and vodka (for those martini lovers, I know you're out there...) are nice too, depending on your vice. And a bottle tag is a great way to dress up those bottles!


I used the November Citrus Tree Studio kit for these bottle tags. And they are very easy to make. All you need to do is measure the length of your bottle and the length you want hanging in front (as bottles are not all the same dimensions). Also measure the bottle width. Cut your paper the appropriate width and add 2 inches to the height you want. This will account for the score line and the hole punch. For these tags I scored the paper 2 inches in and used my 1 inch hole punch.

Then all you have to do is embellish as you wish!



Some ribbon, matching patterned paper, and a holiday sticker is all I needed for these bottle tags.



Now I already have 2 tags for the holidays. I'm thinking of making some for Thanksgiving, too. Because wine and homebrew is appreciated any time of the year.

Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Joni M said...

Great way to dress up a bottle! I just LOVE your ideas! TFS!

mustangkayla said...

Love this idea!

wendipooh13 said...

this is such a great idea and sooo cute!!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

These came out lovely! And definitely are such a nice touch touch to bringing a bottle of wine to a dinner party!

Christine said...

I love these! Would make such a nice hostess gift!

Terri said...

They are both great and make Great additions to the beer bottles!

Angi Barrs said...

They are so fun & festive. Gonna have to make some for Christmas. :)

Jodi said...

LOVE THIS IDEA!!! So going to make me some wine tags!! Thanks for the inspiration (once again!) Mara!

melody said...

what an awesome gift idea! love it mara!