Friday, January 16, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I'm participating in a contest over at Scrapbooks Deals 4 U called The Biggest (Scrap) Loser. It's a fun contest to lose your stash!!! We are supposed to use everything from our stash and each week is a new challenge. This is my week #1 entry. The challenge was to create a 1-page layout and use at least 4 of the following items: brads, buttons, ribbon, ink, number stickers, stickles, or 5 pieces of patterned paper. You also had to use at least 3 photos. And here is my entry! I used 5 pieces of patterned paper, ribbon, ink, buttons and stickles!!

Photobucket




The paper is by Cherry Arte and was in a kit I bought sometime last year. Felt good to open it and play a little bit!! And while I was at it, I also made 2 cards. WooHoo!!




Thanks for stopping by! I hope to using up more of my stash next week!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! I love the black & white with red -- perfect for those pics of Kayla! I might have to pop over there and check out that contest...

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

Just adore this one Mara! Argyle pattern is my absolute FAVORITE!! I own so many pairs of Argyle socks and sweaters with that pattern! So OF COURSE I love those photos! Love the color combo very much and matches photos perfectly.
About my wall art, I got the vinyl from Michaels and Walmart. You need to be sure to get the transfer paper as well. I bought the cricut off the informercial so I got a DVD on how to work with the vinyl, but still managed to blow a roll of it before I got it figured out!!

Amy W. said...

striking layout and i love those cards...that loser contest sounds like something i need. :)

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun contest you are doing. I wish I could do more of those fun things. But thanks for popping by my blog. I left something for you there. It won't post until tomorrow's (Sunday) post.

Shirley said...

Love all your cut work and the red and black is stunning with your little diva!

BethieJ said...

SO PRETTY Mara! Love the LO, the photos are so CUTE! The cards are cute too~ good for you for making them up!! (I need to remember to do this!!)
have a GREAT rest of your weekend!

Dawn♥ said...

Dang girl your layout is gorgeous and is your cards! Nice kit to work with huh! :)