Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boo Baskets

It's the season for booing!!! Have you ever boo'd before? You leave a little treat on your neighbor's doorstep with a Boo Poem and Boo Sign. You can find those HERE. The person you boo'd should put the boo sign on their door and then boo 2 more people. It's fun to see your neighborhood start to fill up with doors with boo signs on them!

Here are the boo baskets we made this year. I used the Fold 'n' Go template from Papertrey Ink. My kids helped me pick out patterned paper to decorate the front. I then cut out spiders and pumpkins on my Cricut and let my kids decorate them. The kids decided who wanted which bag and where to glue on the pumpkins and spiders. We had so much fun making these!!


We filled them with small candies and some fun halloween things from Target, like plastic spiders, erasers, parachute men, etc!!

We then went out after dinner to do a little booing!! The kids loved running up to their friends houses, leaving a gift, and doorbell ditching!! We did get caught at one house, they definitely saw us out the window. But we had a great time. Maybe a tradition to start in your neighborhood???

Thanks for stopping by!!

19 comments:

IamDerby said...

Cute idea! Adorable basket.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

What a fun idea, I don't have any little ones anymore but do enjoy putting together little treats for our neighborhood kiddos to stop by. We even changed our entry light to a black light so they will glow in the dark. LOL If they don't trick or treat me I may have to leave the treats and ditch the day after Halloween.

Love how you added googley eyes to your cricut cuts, very cool!

Val said...

Mara, These are so cute. This is my favorite template. Yours came out adorable.

mustangkayla said...

How fun is that? Love the idea, might have to do that when the kids get a little older! Cute bags!

anya said...

These are great Mara! Love them all!

Serendipity said...

SWEET!!! I might have to start this up in our neighborhood!

Gina said...

cute! Love that the kids helped you make them. :)

Joni M said...

What great gift boxes! We tried boo-ing one year, but it fizzled out... We get less than 10 trick-or-treaters to the door on Halloween night. I guess our neighborhood is just not into Halloween.

Cheryl said...

What a great idea to use those boxes! We got Booed last week, so we plan to do our part on Monday night. You've given me some great ideas.

BethieJ said...

Mara these are soooo CUTE!! I bet EVERYONE LOVED them... What cartridge did you use for the pumpkin and spider??!!! :)
Hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

rachaelwood said...

So cute! We did something similar at work at christmas with a sock. and we all had little signs on our mailboxes that had a stocking and saud "I got socked!" Love your boxes!

Unknown said...

aww those baskets are adorable!!

KristenJo said...

So freakin' cute :) LOVE the idea!!! :)

VanessaB said...

How very fun! those are sooooo CUTE!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Awesome little boo baskets! You really rock the Papertrey templates! We've never played the boo game, but it sounds like fun :)

mborrero said...

so cute

Kim -today's creative blog said...

so fancy. my neighbors get boo'd with a paper bag full of candy. lol

Leanne said...

Awww! They did such a great job. I love booing neighbors. Sometimes I cheat and do it a few times to keep it going (sometimes you get party poopers).

The House Creative said...

Very cute. I got boo'd last year, but it doesn't appear that our neighborhood has started it this year.