Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cookies & Scream Cupcakes

With Halloween coming, I feel like it gives me license to play around in the kitchen more. I don't know why...maybe it's just a great excuse to play around in the kitchen more! Maybe it's because I have a half marathon coming up and i'm tapering (cutting back on mileage) for the next week and I have a whole lotta extra energy to burn up. Maybe it's because I love to eat sweets and treats. Whatever the reason...it's the reason I made these. Cookies and Scream Cupcakes:


What makes these so Halloweeny is using the Oreos with orange filling! I have had this recipe on my to-bake list for a while and when I saw the orange Oreos at Target...I had to buy some. The recipe comes from Annie's Eats, a great food blog. And the fun part? There is a surprise Oreo at the bottom!


Did you see it? The orange Oreo at the bottom? Awesome!!


My kids were excited to see it there. I will be honest with you, I felt like the cake part was very dense. Almost too dense. I don't know if my baking powder wasn't acting right or the Oreos made the batter dense or what happened. They were not light and fluffy. But they tasted pretty good!


What goodies are you baking up this fall? Do you make any fun treats for Halloween? I'd love to hear about it!! Thanks for stopping by today, friends...

19 comments:

Cecelia said...

Mmmmm...this looks so delicious! Do you eat all of your yummy goodies? I know I would and that might not be a good thing...lol This looks fabulous!

Hugs
cecelia B

melody said...

hiya mara! sure have missed seeing your goodies! and those cupcakes look scrumptious!

Angie said...

yummy those look good. do you have a recipe? have a great night.

Heather Baird said...

Those are so pretty!

VanessaB said...

I'm not a huge fan of oreos, but they look awesome!! very cool!

Michelle Whitlow said...

oh YUM!!! And now that I don't really have to watch my waistline...bring on the cupcakes!! hehe

Joni M said...

They sure look yummy! I LOVE your presentation... they are completely irresistable!

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh wow! Dense or not those look fabulous!

Libby O said...

Look sooo good!

Mandy said...

Oooh those look yummy!

B said...

Oh how yummy looking!

Cheryl said...

Those look so good! I think I might try them. Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

yummy, they look divine

IamDerby said...

Ok these are cute and look delicious. I want to try one!

Rita Barakat said...

Well I dont know about the taste but they sure look yummy! What a clever idea to put oreos on the bottom!

mustangkayla said...

Oh my, those look DELICIOUS!

Monique said...

These look Scrumptious.. Orange oreo??? I don't know If I have ever seen those..do they taste like orange or just colored..I used to love the mint ones but they don't make them anymore..

Christy said...

those look SINFUL!!! I'll take a dozen!! :)

Aubree said...

These look delicious!!! I am not an oreo fan in general but put them in a cupcake with candy con around them, and I will dive right in!!