Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Boy...and a card

Looking back at the layouts i've done over the last couple of months, i've noticed one thing. I scrap my daughter ALOT!! I don't know if it's because she's still willing to smile pretty for the camera or if there is just better girl scrap stuff out there. But I feel like my son has been sorely neglected. Well, not anymore.


I love this paper from Jillibean Soup, Monster Stew. Great colors for a boy layout! I also added a piece from their Old World Cabbage papers. It's great how so many of their collections can be mixed and matched. Throw in some stars, some corrugated letters, letter stickers and a journaling sprout...you have a BOY page!!


I like this photo of him. We were at the tidepools and he was exploring and doing his thing and I kinda caught him right when he was getting up. A cute little smile that I don't seem to capture as well with him anymore. I don't know if it's his age or what, but I really need to get more layouts done with him!!

And because I had some Jillibean scraps on my table, I made this quick card.


Mostly Jillibean with some bling/pearls thrown in. I have no idea where I got that bling or who makes it, found it in my bling embellie bag. It was like Christmas morning, LOL!!

Hope you're having a good week so far! Thanks for stopping by...

9 comments:

Sue said...

That is a sweet photo. I remember having a hard time getting a natural smile with my son, so when I did it was a prize:)

Michelle H. said...

Beautiful LO!!
Love how you added the pictures and the journaling!!
Gorgeous card love the design and the bling!!

Jamilie said...

Cute LO and Card!!

Joni M said...

Just an FYI, he will start smiling for the camera again when you tell him you are posting a photo for his girlfriend to see, lol! Did you see the nice smile my son had for the camera on his birthday? That was thanks to his girl. He even posed for the silly, eating the cookie picture, hahaha!
I love the layout and the card, Mara!
I hope you are having a good week!

mustangkayla said...

I've noticed that about me lately too! I have taken WAY more photos of my daughter than of my son! :-S Great layout! Love the bling on your card!

Rebecca Keppel said...

love that layout and pretty card! They really dont make a lot of good boy scrap stuff. Plenty for little boys, but not for boys who've gotten old enough to be cool rather than just cute :)

B said...

Oooh fun! :) Love the fun stars and the fab boy layout! :)

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE the LO and Card!!! Such a great photo of Kevin!! Looks like he was having lots of FUN! :)
Hope all is well!!

IamDerby said...

The bling on that card is awesome.