Over at Citrus Tree Studio, we have challenges every month. My challenge this month was to make a bow and use it on a project. Easy peasy, right??
I used the June kit for this card. Here is a quick tutorial for the bow:
1. Cut 2 strips of double sided patterned paper 0.75 inch x 4 inches.
2. Cut 2 strips of double sided patterned paper 0.75 inch x 3 inches.
3. Double over all 4 strips of paper on themselves to make a loop. Hold the loop ends together with strong adhesive.
4. Layer the two loops on top of each other.
5. Cut another piece of paper 1/2 inch x 3 inches. Wrap around the middle of your bow.
6. Embellish the middle of your bow (if desired).
You can make whatever kind of bow you want for the challenge, but this was quick and easy and I used up some scraps that I didn't want to throw away. It was a win-win!
Hope to see you over on the CTS Message Board! Thanks for stopping by...
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
gorgeous card!!! LOVE that bow!!!!!
What a GREAT idea! It can be used in place of pleated paper... very CUTE! TFS!
I love the twine and butterfly you added to the bow! cute card!!
oh yeah,i love that bow idea. i'm going to give that a try! :)
that is so sweet!
yummy card chickie...and love that bow! thanks for the tutorial!
Post a Comment