Bark is a pretty easy sweet treat to make. If you can melt chocolate, you can make bark. And by starting with the basics (chocolate, white chocolate) you can create so many different combinations of deliciousness. I made toffee pretzel bark a while ago that was pretty darn good. And I just made this bark, cake batter bark, that was pretty darn good too!!
There is actual cake batter in the white chocolate part of the bark. It's only a few tablespoons but it's enough to catch that cake batter taste. This is a fun twist on the traditional chocolate bark recipe.
And I think the sprinkles add so much to the presentation. It reminds me of birthdays and cake and fun and rainbows and unicorns and all that is right in the world! So don't skimp when adding the sprinkles.
Here is the recipe. I saw the original recipe on the How Sweet It Is blog and I modified it a bit for my tastes.
Cake Batter Bark
modified from How Sweet It Is
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
12 oz white chocolate chips
3 tablespoons yellow cake mix
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using the microwave, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt for 60 seconds, then stir. If more melting is needed, melt at 30 second increments until chocolate is smooth.
3. Spread the melted chocolate on the parchment paper. The chocolate will not cover the entire cookie sheet. Spread evenly.
4. Place cookie sheet in fridge for 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
5. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave using the technique above.
6. Add 3 tbsp cake mix to melted white chocolate. Mix until all lumps are gone. Let this stand for 5 minutes.
7. Spread white chocolate on top of semi-sweet chocolate on the cookie sheet. Spread out until the edges of the two chocolates meet.
8. Generously sprinkle the sprinkles all over the top. If needed, press the sprinkles down a bit into the chocolate before it cools so they stick.
9. Refrigerate until chocolate sets.
10. Break into chunks. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Goodness Mara - how do you bake all these yummies and not eat them all??!! This bark looks delish and so pretty with the sprinkles on top! Your reciped sounds interesting with that added cake mix! This might be a new item I make for Christmas/holiday gifts this year!
Wow--this is just so pretty. I think my daughters would go nuts for this. I'm curious how long you think it will last without the chocolate going white, since you are not using tempered chocolate? I will go to any length to not have to temper my choc--takes all the fun out for me.
ahhhhh that looks amazing!!!! sooo good!!!
oh my mara! thanks for sharing this-those who know me know that i'm a cake batter-aholic, i just love it and cannot get enough!!!! i just may have to make it this week!
oh yum, i love cake batter flavor. i pinned this to try sometime--thanks for the link! have a great week!
YUM! And love that close-up of the sprinkles!
Yum! That's the perfect bunco treat! I bookmarked it for next month! BTW, where did you get that plate? I notice it everytime you use it... I LOVE it!
How fun! I love it!
WOW!! I will have to come back on Tuesday and copy the recipe!!
We love bark and cake flavor!!
I wish I could stay skinny like you when I eat this stuff! LOL!
They look so yummy!!
Looks scrumptious Mara! I think I gain weight just visiting your blog! :) LOL
My daughter would love this. :)
Post a Comment