Monday, July 23, 2012

Jillibean Soup Sketch

Happy Monday! We had another gorgeous weekend that we filled with friends and pool time and good food. I love summer! I decided to play along with the sketch on the Jillibean Soup blog this month. Here it is...

At first I was a bit stumped with all the squares and places for photos. So I decided to just go with 3 photos and try to keep my layout horizontally interesting. I'm not even sure that makes sense, but here's my layout.


I used some Spotted Owl Soup paper to create this birthday layout for my daughter. She had an ice cream sundae bar at her last big party and it was fun watching all the kids dive into all the toppings and whipped cream. I added lots of horizontal strips and bits. I love this fun bright green color!


I've been loving all the corrugated shapes lately. I seen to be reaching for them everytime I sit down at my craft table.


This sketch was definitely a challenge for me. But i'm happy to have some of these birthday photos scrapped and IN the family album. Yeah for progress!

Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww how sweet is this...

Laurel said...

What a wonderful layout!

Joni M said...

I love your interpretation of the sketch! The layout is WONDERFUL!
I hope you are having a fun summer, Mara!

Angi Barrs said...

Fabulous! Love the corrugated shape and the fun photos!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE it!! GREAT take on the sketch! LOVE the FUN line you used, and such CUTE photos!!!
Hope your day is GREAT!!!

wendipooh13 said...

you rocked the sketch!!!I looked at it and had no idea where to start!!! LOL.. that is one of my alltime fave lines from them too!!! soooo cute!! love the pics!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Mara you did a fabulous job with this sketch, and that layout is the absolute sweetest!

Christa said...

YOu really stayed true to your style and kept the sketch inspiring for YOU. That's a true artist Mara. I love your choice of colours as summery but not over the top. Great job and super design.

Michelle H. said...

That is a tricky sketch!!
You rocked it!!
I love how your designed your LO from the sketch!!
Adorable pictures!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

super cute and I love her intent expression in the photos--sundae making is serious business!