Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Moxie Fab Challenge: Canvas, Cork, & Burlap

I'm here with another challenge project! Over at the Moxie Fab blog, there is a Canvas, Cork, & Burlap challenge going on. I just bought some burlap from the fabric store to make a table runner and I have a ton of leftovers. So I decided to participate in this challenge. Here is the card I created.


I hand cut a square of burlap (not really caring if it was straight or not) and used it as a layer on my card. I also dug out some cork sheets and used my punches to create a cork flower. I inked the edges with distress ink and added a wood butterfly to the middle.


I also decided to make a burlap gift card holder!


I cut the burlap a little bit wider than the gift card and about twice as long (plus some). I then folded the burlap to create a pocket with a nice sized flap on the top. I used my hot glue gun to secure the sides (you can also stitch it, but I don't have a sewing machine!). I tied the top with baker's twine to finish it off!


Here are the two projects together.


I am loving the burlap lately. I recently made a table runner that I love, it's perfect for fall decorating.  I think I'll be spending some time on Pinterest tonight searching for burlap projects!!

Thanks for stopping by today, Friends...

10 comments:

Joni M said...

I haven't used burlap since I was a kid... we used it in girl scouts to make flowers.

These projects are GREAT, and I'd love to see your table runner!

wendipooh13 said...

too cute LOVE How you used the burlap and that butterfly!!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic projects Mara. Love your burlap gift card holder, so cool.

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful, textural card!!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Mara! Love the card!

Joyce said...

Great mix of elements on this card. And, that burlap pouch for the gift card is such a great idea.

Unknown said...

Love your card so very pretty!
Your gift bag is really fun & creative!

Kim said...

that little pocket is perfect!

BethieJ said...

Mara these are so CUTE! LOVE the burlap!! I have some in my stash.. I need to get it out!! FUN idea to make a gift card holder too!!!
Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great projects. Very creative making a burlap gift card holder to match.