Monday, July 9, 2007

Top 5 Vacations

Amanda from Creative Scrap Shack issued this challenge: Top 5 Vacations...Here are mine:

1. Honeymoon in Costa Rica. Diving, snorkeling, active volcanos, Immodium, belching buses, juicy mangos, hot springs, howler monkeys, hurricanes at the swim up bar, igunanas beneath our lounge chairs, a hot tub in our room, gorgeous jungles...all with the love of my life. What more can I say?

2. Camping in the Sequoias. We've done this a couple of times and it never gets old. It's just beautiful there, so many huge trees to see, great campsites, you gotta love it there.

3. Improptu Vegas Trip. In grad school, Craig and I picked up our final teaching checks, looked at each other and said 'Vegas, baby, Vegas!!'. We left that night. We spent 6 days in Vegas just doing whatever we wanted to. We were on a win streak at the beginning, so we stayed longer than we anticipated. Oh, the freedom to do that again!!

4. La Paz, Baja California. 5 days of fishing and drinking. 2 people to a panga with a super knowledgeable fishing guide. I caught a 150 pound sailfish, rooster fish, mahi mahi, yellowfin tuna, and more. Best shashimi I ever ate right there on the beach. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

5. Santa Cruz (?) with my family when I was about 10. One of the only vacations with my family that didn't revolve around a swim meet!! My parents rented a beach house and we played all weekend at the beach. We buried my older brother up to his neck in sand, ate forbidden cheetos for snack, collected shells, and had a ball.

What a nice little jaunt down memory lane!!

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Sounds like some neat places to visit Mara!!!

Kip said...

They all sounded like fun!!

Kip

:Jayne said...

I would love to camp in a Sequoia forest! How Cool!

:J