Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

What a nice weekend!! We had beautiful weather and our weekend was packed with fun stuff going on. Monday we worked in the garden because the compost was ready!!!



We pretty much have carrots growing all year round and the kids love them. But we needed to pull them all out, so we could reconfigure the garden to plant our summer crops. And there were tons of them!!



The kids were eating them after a very minimal wash. That was before I decided they probably should not be eating the garden dirt! We planted radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a watermelon. Guess which one the kids are most excited about??? In the afternoon we went for a scooter ride through the neighborhood.



Lots and lots of flowers in bloom all over the place.



Trees like this one line the streets around our house.



It was such a pretty day. And my kids agreed to some jump photos!! The one of Kevin cracks me up!!





I hope you all had a great weekend! I am so messed up this week with what day it is. I have no idea if it's Tuesday or Thursday. And it doesn't help that a meeting I usually have on Thursday got moved to Wednesday...now that is really messing me up!! Oh wait, it's Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by!!

3 comments:

BethieJ said...

Oh Mara it looks you had a GREAT weekend!!! LOVE the photos.. LOVE the jump photos.. that last one of them is FANTASTIC!!
have a GREAT night.. a GREAT Wednesday night! :)- I am confused too.. BUT tomorrow a PTI box lands at my door! :)

VanessaB said...

what a fun-filled weekend outdoors- love it :)

Karina said...

Love your compost Bin. I have been wanting to make one for some time. If I ever get around to it (yet another project)...I'll have to hit you up for some tips.