Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Papertrey Princess Challenge!!

Michelle from my Papertrey Princess blog group issued a challenge to all of us princesses! It was to use a stamp set that we bought and have been neglecting. Well, believe it or not, I don't have that many stamp sets (yet...) but the one I had not opened until last week was my polka dots basics set. I used it last week for 2 of Dawn McVey's color challenges and while it was sitting on my desk, I made another card. I am still getting the hang of stamping with white, but here's a simple card I made with scraps on my desk at the moment.





I added some polka dot ribbon, a white vintage button from Papertrey (looooove their buttons) and some pearls from Hero Arts. The sentiment is Hero Arts, love all their little fun sayings! So I am really excited to have finally broken out the polka dot set, it's quickly becoming one of my favorites!!! Thanks Michelle for the great challenge!

11 comments:

IamDerby said...

What an awesome card Mara! Thanks for playing along. Polka dots is one of my favorite sets! I have a hard time with white too... its so squishy and smeary... not like the regular palette ink.

Sarah said...

Love this card! The white looks awesome! I definitely need to start using my stamps more.

Sarah said...

Super cute card! I'm really loving the gray you've been using lately and the rounded corners on the bottom are great! Now quit enabling my Papertrey cravings.......

melody said...

what a scrumptious card chickie! lovin all those polka dots!

hugz
melody
M2R

scrappyart said...

This is great, I love it--very liftable.

BethieJ said...

Mara your card is DARLING!!!! Love the colors!!! Yeah for using your polka dots!!!
Hmmm now what set is that from Hero.. do I have it.. do I need it! LOL!!
Have a GREAT day!

B said...

So fun! Love the polka dots and colors you picked!

Joni M said...

Very cute card Mara! I love the colors, and the polka dots! Did you know dots were worn while polka dances were popular…hence the name polka dots! HA! Your trivia of the day!

Diane said...

Your card is great! I love those colors and your design is wonderful. I LOVE Polka Dot Basics too!!!!

Unknown said...

This card rocks!! I love the colour combo!!

Melissa said...

Great card! Polka Dots Basics is probably my fav set ever! I'm still learning with the white and I can't wait for PTI to get more of Fresh Snow in stock so I can try that!