Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thank You cards

My sweet sister is due to POP any day now with twin girls!! Hee hee! I just wanted to say POP really loud at her. But seriously, she has about 4 weeks left until we get to meet little Pancake and Flapjack. She won't tell me what names they decided on, so everybody has been calling them Pancake and Flapjack. Who knows, maybe those ARE the names and they've been tricking us the whole time. Anyway...she asked me a while ago to make her some thank you cards so she can send them out for baby things. I wanted to make some cards that were clean and simple and without a bunch of bulk. I wanted her to be able to send them in the mail with no problems. Here is what I came up with...I made her a set of 4 cards with each of these designs....

I already shared this one for THIS post:


I had to add some bling and I don't think the rhinestones will add too much bulk in an envelope. Here's another one...first time to ink up my Giga background set from Papertrey Ink:


I was going for a more girly color combination with this one:

And one more!! I really like the raspberry fizz with the smokey shadow...and of course, polka dots!!


I think I was on a polka dot kick, I used them on every single card! If I had to pick a favorite stamp set from Papertrey Ink, it would definitely be Polka Dot basics. I use it all the time. I hope my sister sends out all the cards and gets some good use out of them. I loved making them, it was fun figuring out a design and them making 4 of them. I cranked out 16 cards in one afternoon.

Hope you're all having a great week...Thanks for stopping by!!

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Sister LOVES the cards!! Thank you so much!! And I especially love that my preggo brain doesn't have to try and create anything myself. Cause that just hasn't been working lately :) Love love love the polka dots!!

Gina said...

So cute!!!

Julie said...

Those are beautiful...so much better than store bought :)

Monique said...

Twins !! How exciting..And you did such a great job on the Thank you cards. I love the swirly on the first card and all that bling on the third!! Great job!!

Mona Pendleton said...

All these cards are pretty! Love the use of all that bling :)

B said...

Oh how lovely! Wonderful set of thank you cards! Loving the dots!

Lee said...

They are all so lovely. Gorgeous colour combos and the touch of bling is super.

Lucy said...

Beautiful cards, loving the polka dots and the colours are lovely. The gemstones are fab too. Lucy (Munyip Makes) x

Melissa said...

These are beautiful! I love all the gems! How fun to have twin nieces!

mustangkayla said...

What cute nick-names for the babies! I say continue with those names even after they are born! heehee! Fantastic cards! Gotta love polka-dots and bling!

Leah said...

I love each one, and I too love polka dots. So funny, before I found this hobby I hated polka dot patterns, and now I can't get enough! LOL

Joni M said...

These are the BEST! What great cards Mara! I love the bling. ! girl's gotta have bling! hehehe...

Cheryl said...

Those cards are all so great. I especially like the first one--those colors together are wonderful.

Sue said...

What a great sister you are:) All the cards are great, but I do have a soft spot for polka dots:) Twin girls? Cute x 2!

IamDerby said...

Hi mara! All of these are fabulous, I especially love the polka dot ones.

Sue said...

FYI...I have an award for you on my blog:)

Sarah Lou said...

Oh I love your cards! they are always so elegant!!

Jenelle said...

Love the cards, nice clean lines.

Jenelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca Keppel said...

Love all the polka dots!