Monday, March 19, 2012

Thin Mint Rice Krispy Treats

Yes, I love thin mints. They are my favorite girl scout cookie. I love them almost as much as I love using baker's twine. So you know i'm not messing around. I saw this recipe on Cookies and Cups and just KNEW I had to make it. I took them to a St. Patrick's Day party this weekend so I would not eat the whole pan by myself. Because that really might have happened in the past.


You make these the same way a regular rice krispy treats, starting with melting the marshmallows. But instead of using rice krispies, you use cocoa krispies and mix in chopped up thin mints. Then mix with the marshmallow and press into the pan. AND THEN top them with chopped Andes Mints!


Yes, they were amazing and minty. And they were eaten at an alarming rate at the party. And not only by me, thanks for asking.


Hop over to the Cookies and Cups blog for the recipe: Thin Mint Rice Krispy Treats. I changed it up a little bit by using a 9x13 pan and I didn't include the Andes Mints inside, just on top. Did you know you can buy already chopped up Andes Mints? No unwrapping 50 mints and then chopping them up!

I hope you had a great weekend, Happy Monday!!

11 comments:

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

wow! thanks for sharing this-hubby is going to be in love with a new treat!

have a great week!

sarabeth

Joyce said...

Oh, these look so yummy. I wonder if my daughter would be willing to sacrifice her only box of thin mints if I offered to make this for her? This is the first year I haven't had girl scouts in the family.

Tamika said...

Wow, as a former scout leader I can just imagine the yummyness!

Joni M said...

Just reading the title of this post made my mouth water! Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe, Mara!

mustangkayla said...

Those look and sound delicious!

Rebecca Keppel said...

next year I am really going to have to buy a ton of thin mints!

Anne said...

Those look delicious and definetely one of my favorite flavors! Thanks for the link to the recipe!

BethieJ said...

GET OUT! Those sound DELISH!!!! Oh my.. I am gonna have to whip these up for sure!!
Hope all is well!! Have a GREAT day!!

Marybeth said...

Oh,these look so good! This is one I will definitely try. No I did not know you could buy the mints already chopped up. TFS

Michelle H. said...

WOW!! Another yummy mint recipe to try!!
Love this and it does look very yummy!
TFS!!

Michelle Price said...

oh boy-i wish i didn't know about these!