Friday, August 31, 2012

Marbled Chocolate Chip Bars

Happy Friday!!! It's been one crazy week, that's for sure. My kids went back to school on Wednesday and it was a rocky start. I hope that in a few weeks, our new routine will be an old routine and I will look back on the first week of school with a smile and a shrug. In the meantime, I will bake.


This recipe is a twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie. The twist is there are melted chocolate chips on the tops, twisted into a marbled state. Does that even make sense? Probably not...it's been a long week.


I baked these in an 8x8 pan and they came out perfectly. I loved not having to scoop out dough to form cookies. Just press the dough in a pan and bake.


I used this recipe from the Confessions of a Cookbook Queen's food blog: Marbled Chocolate Chip Squares. The only recipe change I made was I added 1 cup chocolate chips to the batter and then used ~1/2 cup chips for the top swirly part. After the week we've had, I think the more chocolate the better.

I hope you all have a great Friday! Thanks for stopping by!!

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

those look mighty tasty...

Joyce said...

Oh, I know what you mean about baking. It does make everything right. These look really delicious, and I'm going to put them in my 'to bake' file.

Joyce said...

Hey there, me again. Just looked at the recipe and saw it used margarine, and not butter. Do you know why? The idea of margarine kind of turns my stomach.

Sue said...

I'm sure things will get much better, and these bars will surely help, Mara!

Tracey McNeely said...

Yummy bars Mara, baking always makes everything right. Have a good weekend.

wendipooh13 said...

totally drooling!!! I know I HAVE to try those!!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Delicious! We just finished our first month of school! But I do remember how tough the first week was. For us though it was the third week that was toughest. For the first 2 we were all running on adrenalin, but by the third you could tell we were all exhausted and collectively feeling like, "really? we have to keep doing this!" So the long weekend was a much needed break!

Michelle H. said...

Mara, they look so delicious!!
Sorry about your 1st week, hope this week will be a awesome week for all of you!!

VanessaB said...

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!