Friday, May 29, 2009

Who's scrapping this weekend??

If you are...come on over to Scrap That for our online crop!! There are tons of challenges and games and chatting going on. Here is my technique challenge...distressing! I distressed all the paper and the chipboard and inked along the edges.



I also posted a tutorial on how to make the world's easiest treat bag. I got this idea from Jennifer McGuire, saw it on her blog during the last holidays. I have made a few since then and it's always fast and easy!

What you will need:
Piece of patterned paper or cardstock measured 3 inches x 11 inches
Something to score with
Something to embellish with
Plastic treat bag (like the kind you get at the big box craft stores)

First...score your paper at 4 inches, 6 inches and 11 inches.



As you fold up the bag, you'll see you have a 1 inch overhang to seal up the top of your bag.



Decide which side is going to be the front. Embellish now, it will make things easier in a minute. Use some really sticky tape to close the top flap. Now punch a wide hole with a circle punch or just your scissors.



Take your plastic treat bag and fill it with goodies. Thread the top of it through the hole in your newly made treat bag. Tie closed with a ribbon and tag. You are done!!



I looooove these new star stamps from Papertrey Ink!!





So come on over to Scrap That...make a treat bag and join in on our challenges and chatting! See you there!!

9 comments:

B said...

Cute gift bag! :D Love it!

mborrero said...

love that!!

namaste
melina
living creating & appreciatingmy blog
I design for Color Me Daisy

VanessaB said...

awesome LO and I always love your treat bags- so cute and creative.

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE the layout!! What a GREAT photo!!! and I ADORE your treat bag.. my favorite stamps too!
GREAT job!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

IamDerby said...

Fabulous scrapbook page!! LOVE it! I really love that treat bag. I need to do that!

Serendipity said...

Your scrapbook page is great! And what a cute little bag! Thanks for sharing!

Adriann said...

super cool bag! tfs!!

Joni M said...

Isn't that the cutest ever?!!! And I have that stamp set! WHOOHOO! Thanks for the great idea!

Shirley said...

Love that layout and cute treat bags!