Sunday, August 16, 2009

We are home!!

Wow, we had a great vacation! We were camping by the beach and we got lucky with some gorgeous weather. Then we stayed with my mom for a few days and had a ball swimming and bowling and visiting with my brother and his girlfriend. I have lots of photos to download off the camera, stay tuned for some camping photos!

I do want to share some layouts I did using the August kit from Scrap That. I had the pleasure of playing with some new Basic Grey papers from the June Bug AND Lemonade lines!! Here's the first one using the June Bug papers. And some of the cool little felties that match!



This picture of my son cracks me up!! He loved this beer sunglasses and I couldn't resist using that title! Looks at these fun felties from Basic Grey, too cute!




This next layout is done using the Lemonade line of papers. I met my friend Beth almost 2 years ago now on a scrapbooking message board and we immediately clicked. We had so much fun chatting about scrapping and crafting, we quickly realized we had so much more in common. Check out her blog here, she's pretty damn crafty and creative!! I had the fun opportunity to meet her and her family in Santa Monica this April when she was vacationing. And here's the layout to prove it, LOL!!



We just started chatting away like we had known each other for years!! She loves the Lemonade line from Basic Grey too, so I thought it was appropriate I used it for the layout about us. And I pulled out the glimmer mist, dusted it off, and used it on the chipboard letters.



So if you're looking to get your hands on some great Basic Grey papers, check out the Scrap That store!!

Thanks for stopping by. I am hoping to get my vacation photos edited soon...stay tuned...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your LOs are great! What a sweet one of you and Beth, perfect colors!

B said...

Fun layouts!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE the layouts.. and I LOVE you used the lemonade line for our photo!! :) PERFECT.. NOW if only we could get together again sometime soon!!!
Glad you had such a FUN time on your trip!!!
Cant wait to see the photos!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love your layouts! The beer goggles cracked me up!