Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!!!



WooHoo! I am so excited to be participating in my first Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!! The theme for this month is spring. Put a little spring in your step by using anything that reminds you of spring in a project. Perfect for today since it really felt like spring outside! I decided to make a little clear treat box. I saw the tutorial HERE at Splitcoast Stampers. I used some older Imaginense papers I had in my stash. I pulled out my Around and About Sentiment stamps from PTI. For the matching card I used the Limitless Labels set, which i'm discovering is NOT just for wrapping nuggets!!



Okay, scoring the acetate was NOT easy. I messed up totally once and then had a really hard time getting the folds to really be where I wanted them to be. Definitely a learning process! I topped the box with a cream ribbon and filled the box with jelly beans, perfect for spring!!




The card is about 4'x2.5' and I love that label stamp right in the middle. So perfect with the flowers!



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I cannot wait to visit everybody's blog and get a dose of Spring Inspiration!!

34 comments:

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE this.. oh my gosh how CUTE!! and so FUN!! Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial.. you know how I LOVE those.. an a candy holder to boot! Super cute card too!!

BethieJ said...

I forgot to say HAPPY BLOG HOPPEN!! :)

Jak Heath said...

love the bright fresh colours you've used, wonderful.

Natasha said...

What a fun project! Love these colours!

AKiteFlier said...

Oh my gracious goodness! These two projects are ADORABLE - I have worked a little with acetate and you're right - it's hard to score. But love these gems.

Dana said...

First off, let me say that I love the name of your blog. Secondly, your project is amazing. The colors are so cheerful, and truly spring-like.

Kristie Larsen said...

that card is absolutely ADORABLE. I love the colors and the inked edges. Nice work on the candy too. I want some, which means you made it oh so appealing. Nice work!
k

Regan said...

so bright and springy!

Lacey Stephens said...

Very beautiful! Perfect for this challenge!
~Lacey

Melissa said...

Very pretty! I love the bright colors! The stamps match well with your paper, great job!

Jessica said...

LOVE this! And now I seriously want some jelly beans in the worst way!

peggysue said...

What a cute little treat holder and the jelly beans match the cardstock colors pretty well too!

whoistracy said...

Wow, this is so bright and fun. Love it!

Michelle said...

What a CUTE set - love the brightness of it too!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love your little jelly bean box! Thanks so much for sharing.

Babies-Beth said...

I love love love your use of the label on the card! It looks new to me! Ok, I wish I had some jelly beans right now, too!

Rebecca said...

Love these colors! So vibrant and alive!

Gwen said...

love your card & that box is just adorable! Love your color choices!!

verna said...

Fun stuff!!

Chris said...

very cute projects!

Marge said...

Oh, so cute, so fun & so bright & cheery - the recipient will LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

What wonderful and fun bright colors! These are great!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous project and I love your blog name!

Bonnie said...

Very fun and colourful! Don't you just love Around and About sentiments!! Well, all of the stamp sets?? I love them all!!

Vicky said...

I love these colors!! So bright and cheery and definitely screams SPRING!!

Joni M said...

What an adorable stamp set! I'm going to have to check out all those Paper Tray stamps.

Jen Caputo said...

This is such a great set of projects! Beautifully done! Love your candy holder :)

Daniela Dobson said...

Awesome, love the bright colors.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So beautifully colorful!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. Love the bright colors and the jelly beans too. Glad you decided to join in.

Gina said...

Your box is too cute!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ooooh! Love your happy little box o jelly beans!!

Kim, kimmy, kimmie said...

WOW, that is so cute! LOVE the use of the clear stuff. The photo of your girl all glammed up is so priceless! That place sounds like a little girls perfect playdate destination! Hope all is well!
I am hoping to have what I have been working on posted soon. I have not had any time to scrap lately. Allyson is not napping like she use to!
Chow!

Unknown said...

This wee set is just scrumptious!!!