Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine Projects

I've been hard at work making lots of goodies for Valentine's Day. I am planning on making red velvet truffles tomorrow and Thursday to give to friends on Friday. I made Bakerella's Cake Pops for Halloween last year and they were a big hit. So...i'm doing her truffles! In the meantime, i've been using my Color Me Daisy February kit and making some fun goodie bags and goodie holders. Check it out!

This is a bag in a box, super easy to construct. If you want the directions, you can find them here. This one is for my son's teacher, just going to fill it with some fun chocolate goodies.


Here's a little Ghiradelli chocolate box. I found the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. I love that site! I could get lost all day in the gallery and tutorials.



Here's a SUPER easy treat bag. I cut a scalloped circle 5 1/2 inches in diameter out with my Cricut. Folded it into a cone, secured with glue dots...and it's a treat cone!! Fill it up with anything you want, make a cute tag and you've got a super easy sweet little fun filled goodie cone!! Yes, that's the official name. I got the idea from this blog. I have to thank my good scrappy friend Beth for showing me this blog. It's filled with wonderful ideas and how-to videos. LOVE it! Thanks Beth!!


And lastly I have 2 tin mailboxes that I found in the dollar spot at Target. Covered them with some American Craft paper and personalized them with my kids names. These will be for them on Valentine's Day. I also have some chocolate nuggets that I handstamped heart labels on. Those will be in the mailboxes along with some sweet valentine's from mom and dad. And maybe something else, haven't decided yet!!



Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having fun making Valentine goodies for you loved ones.

10 comments:

BethieJ said...

MARA! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all those... I just cant get enough of the FUN ideas.. good thing Easter is coming.. I can use some for that!
have a GREAT day!! Happy Truffle making.. save one for me please! :)

Joni M said...

I'm loving candy projects this season, and I adore ALL your ideas! I made Bakerella Cake Pops for Christmas... darn, I forgot to share! Please share the truffles!

Marcie said...

What amazing Valentine Day projects!

Debbie Sherman said...

Great V-day goodies Mara!!

Marge said...

Hi, Mara,
I'm finally getting a chance to visit your blog after your visit & sweet comment on my PTI In the Bag Challenge post, which was so sweet! Thank you for popping in!
I love all your V-Day projects so much! I too bought those mailboxes @ Target while my guests were here, but never got a chance to use them -- guess they'll be perfect for next year, huh? Maybe I'll even get a second wind this afternoon & cover one to surprise my husband who's a retired Postal Inspector -- think he'd like that! You've re-inspired me with all you darling creations!!! ;-)

Zoa said...

Mara!!! your valentine stuff is amazing!! you go girl! love it all!!!

Gina said...

These are just too too cute!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!

Shirley said...

All your Valentine projects are adorable!

Stacey said...

How adorable are all of those! :)

Sarah said...

I started making cake pops.....and they never got far enough to be dipped in candy melts. They somehow all disappeared.......