Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Food Fun!!

I've been doing a bit of baking again, after my cake class I was a bit burnt out. But my son's 1st grade picnic was today and I couldn't resist making some cupcakes. And these cupcakes are so fun and bright!! I really had so much fun with these Rainbow Cupcakes!!



I found the idea HERE. So many great food blogs...so little time! I love how you can see the colors through the cupcake liner. And look what they look like inside, too cool!!



I ran out of some colors before others, so the cupcakes all turned out a little bit different. Just put a big swirl of buttercream frosting on top, add some red sprinkles and they are ready for the 1st grade picnic!!





The other night we made Pizookies and those are a treat, too. There is a local brewery called BJ's that serves Pizookies for dessert. They are basically chocolate chip cookies ice cream hot fudge sundaes. Did I peak your interest yet? LOL!! I bought some small ramekin dishes, layered in some store bought (gasp!!) cookie dough and baked for about 15 minutes.



When they are done, let them cool just a bit. Just enough so you can hold the dish in your hand without doing major burn damage. Add some vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and whatever else you top your sundaes with!! And try this for homeade hot fudge:

3 oz. semisweet chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Add to saucepan, melt over medium heat. ENJOY!!! Put the leftover hot fudge in the fridge and just try to resist eating a spoonful for breakfast. Just try and let me know if you can do it.



YUM!! I hope you've been baking something sweet in your kitchen, hee hee!! Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Aimee Kidd said...

OMGosh!!! Those rainbow cupcakes are a MUST! Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful cake creations. I told the girls at Life Preservers to come here to check out your cakes/cupcakes!

Shirley said...

Those cupcakes are so fun and perfect for kids this age! Very tempting dessert you created too but I'm watching my girly figure! lol!

Sarah said...

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM !! I'm so glad you put pics of these, they turned out so well!!!!

Melissa said...

Those rainbow cupcakes are awesome, thanks for sharing! The pizookies sound fabulous!

IamDerby said...

Oh YUM!! My kids love BJ's. Those rainbow cupcakes are really neat.

Deanna said...

What fun and yummy stuff! I bet your ds LOVED those cupcakes!

Val said...

Those Cupcakes are so much fun! I will be trying that for sure. We don't have BJ's here, but looking at the cookie, ice cream thing, I may make the drive.

Lee said...

Those rainbow cupcakes are so cute. The kids must have loved them!

twinsand2boys said...

Oh, this looks yummy!!

Joni M said...

Love those cupcakes, love the Pizookies, and I LOVE BJ's! Hehehe!!!
Thanks for sharing all your kitchen creations. We just made blender blueberry muffins last night. Perfect for breakfast this morning, but not as good at hot fudge would be, LOL!

BethieJ said...

MARA! I LOVE them both!! We make the cookie dessert too.. didnt know it had a name.. just call them cookie sundaes here! HA HA!!! The cupcakes are DARLING!!! Must try them.. AND I bookmarked yet another blog.. THANKS for sharing the link! :)

Diane said...

Yum on the cookie sundae in the dish!!! WOW!

Those cupcakes are fabulous. I'll have to give those a try.

ellen s. said...

ok. i am starving. you are killin' me here. those rainbow cupcakes are awesome!

Sarah said...

Those cupcakes look awesome! I am definitely gonna give those a try.

melody said...

oh YUMMY! you're makin me hungry..and such kewl lookin cupcakes