Saturday, August 7, 2010

M&M Rice Krispy Treats

Here I am again...with another M&M recipe. I can't justify to myself buying a bag just to eat...but if I have a recipe I want to try, then i'll buy a bag!! This is a classic recipe of rice krispy treats kicked up a notch with the addition of M&M's. You don't need to turn on the oven, your kids can help you, and they are super easy to make. Or don't tell the kids you are making them and hide the pan in the garage so you get to eat them all yourself. Not like I did that... *wink*wink*...


For some reason, I love doilies right now. And i'm not a doilie type of girl. You can get them in the baking section of Michael's and Joann's, they are $1.99 for a pack of 12 or 20...I can't remember. Use them to dress up your treats or on your scrapbooking projects. They are the hot thing right now!!


The recipe is the same that you remember making with your mom...

6 cups rice krispy cereal (I am cheap and get the Target brand)
1 bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup butter
1 cup M&Ms

Melt the butter and marshies in a big bowl in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Add rice krispies. Mix well. Fold in the M&M's. Press the mixture into a buttered 9x13 pan. Cool, cut into big fat squares, and eat!


We took these camping with us 2 weeks ago. They are a great hiking incentive. As in...when we reach the next waterfall, kids, you can have a rice krispy treat! Keep moving!! Yes, I bribe my kids sometimes when we are hiking.


So if you want a sweet treat this weekend, but don't want to turn on the oven...this is the perfect thing! Think of all the other things to mix in...chocolate chips, crushed oreos, peanut butter cups. Why does it all come back to peanut butter cups with me????? I might need a 12-step program.

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

IamDerby said...

oh yum! I love rice crispy treats... all kinds.

BethieJ said...

Mara.. I am in the garage.. where are they?!! HA HA! Now I am craving these. YUM!!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Mmmmmm, the little M&M dots of color are so cute. Love the doilies too :) And you are not "cheap" you're "economical." ;) Oh, and bribery and positive incentives are much better than the alternative in my mind lol.

Kristii said...

mmmmm.....Looks delish!!! Gonna have to whip some up!!!

Monique said...

Yummie in my tummy!! I love the way you have layered these treats with the doilies in between,,,

Shandy said...

I LOVE doilies for using as stencil templates to sprinkle powdered sugar or cocoa through for cake tops. SO pretty! Ric krispie treats are the worst for me. Nibblicious!

Sue said...

I have two boxes of rice krispies right now, andmarshmallows too, but no m&m's! They look so colorful and fun! The doilies make them look more sophisticated and pretty!

Sarah Lou said...

oh so yumm!! wish i had some. im also wishing they sold the pretzel mms here in australia!

Mona Pendleton said...

An oldie but a goldie for sure!