Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Creative Scrappers Sketch #136

Guess who the guest designer is over at Creative Scrappers this week???? Yes, it's me! How fun is that??? Here is the sketch that Michelle Fowler came up with that I designed with.


How cool are all those squares? And here is my take on it...


I've had the Delovely papers from Cosmo Cricket for a while and they caught my eye when I was going through my pizza box of product. I love the bright colors and thought they looked good with a kraft background.


A banner!! I hand cut all those triangles. I made this layout at my scrapbook retreat a few weeks ago and I could NOT find the cricut cartridge that cut triangles, so I just winged it. And about 30 minutes after completing the layout, somebody found the cricut cartridge that cut triangles. Of course!


And you can't go wrong with flowers and bling. If you have some time this week and are itching to scrap after the holidays, go check out all the other DT members from Creative Scrappers for some inspiration. Use this sketch and get creative!

Thanks for stopping by today...

11 comments:

Angie said...

Awsome page. I love the banners. I like using banners also. On that holly jolly there is a banner. i have'nt used it yet but iam planning on it! anyhow i better get to bed. my little is still up she is not tired i guess, it's already 1am here. nite

Angie

patti west said...

Love this colorful, fun page, Mara! Adorable pic and great banner - who needs a cricut anyway? ;) Congrats on the GDT spot!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Congrats on your guest spot! LOVE your take on that fabulous sketch. DD is way too cute with her big toothless smile :)

VanessaB said...

congrats! love the lo and colors you chose. the brights with the black looks awesome!

Elizabeth said...

Mara this is gorgeous! I love how bright and cheery this is!!! You rocked the sketch and then some!!

Have a wonderful New Year's celebration! May it bring your 2011 into full swing with great fun!
e.

melody said...

congrats on the GDT. you go girl! and your lo is fabulous ~ lovin all the colors..just scrumptious ~ and your take on the sketch is fabulous ~ as is the touch of bling and flower..yummy!

wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR ~ may it be filled with lots of love, laughter and sunshine. thanks so much for all your inspiration ~ and all the lovin you've left on my blog this past year ~ please know it is appreciated. i look forward to another scrappin happy year ~ and seeing more of your creativity.

HUGZ

mustangkayla said...

SUCH a FABULOUS layout! You rocked that sketch bit time!

Happy New Year!

IamDerby said...

Fabulous layout! love the colors.

Melissa said...

What fun colors and I love the layout! Happy New Year!

B said...

So fun! Love your take on the squares and the way the black accents everything!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE it! Such a CUTE photo of Kayla! CONGRATS on the GDT spot!!