Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Treat Cones

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend. Our weather here is gorgeous, I love being able to wear shorts in December! Hee hee!! I have my Day 11 project of Croppin' Paradise's 12 Days of Gifts Bazaar to share with you today.

These are super duper easy peasy treat cones. You can fill them with anything, candies, lip gloss, popcorn, anything that fits. For this project I used the Everybody Loves Christmas line from Echo Park. Great papers for the holiday!

First up, cut yourself a big circle. I used my Cricut, you can use whatever you have (tracing a dinner plate and cutting it out is a great alternative if you don't have a cutting system). This circle is 10 inches.


Fold it until it forms a cone. Put some really strong adhesive on the side to hold it all together (hot glue gun, terrifically tacky tape, etc.).


That's it!!! Embellish as you wish and fill it with goodies. You could even fold up some wax paper and serve popcorn in these for a party.


You don't have to make them that big. If you want them smaller, just cut a smaller circle to begin with. These circles are 5 inches.


Roll it up, add some strong adhesive, embellish, and then fill with goodies! Wouldn't these look cute on a co-workers desk?


You can take it one step further and use them as place settings. Put them in each wine or water glass on your holiday table with a name on each one and treats inside. It would make a unique placecard!


There you have it...treat cones. So easy, so versatile...make some today! Tomorrow is the 12th day of holiday ideas over at Croppin' Paradise. Come check out all the days and the great projects. There are some awesome ideas!! Thanks for stopping by today...

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those are totally easy and cute!! I am going to try them too!
e.

Karina said...

So so cute in all the ways you show - I especially like them in the crystal glass. I'm kind of wishing I got the big cricut cutter now. Oh well - I'll just make them smaller. Fun.

Michelle H. said...

I love making treat cones they are so fun!!
Rally love yours they are so adorable!!
IKWYM we get to wear shorts here too!
Have a wonderful Sunday!!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE making these.. and I LOVE yours.. they turned out so CUTE!!!
Hope your having a FANTASTIC weekend!
Happy Holidays!

B said...

Oh so cute! Love that you put them as a place setting in the wine glass!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Super cute--love the way they looks in the wine glass too :)

Joni M said...

I love the extra thought you put into your projects! The presentation is so wonderful! What a great treat this is going to be!

Angie said...

Thats a great idea and they are super cute and easy.

Ceci said...

Oh wow these are such clever ideas, thanks so much for sharing. :)

Monique said...

How cute Mara..Love the little snowman image.. These treat cones are perfect for anybody and i love how you have put it in the wine glass with even more goodies :)..Great work!!

Sue said...

I would love to find this at my place setting when I come to the table!

patti west said...

Sophisticated & cute at the same time! :)

IamDerby said...

oh my how elegant!