Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chalkboard Wine Glasses

I have found a new crafty obsession...chalkboard paint. There are so many fun chalkboard ideas on Pinterest and the in blog world, I knew I had to find some and play with it. There are two kinds that I found. One is actual chalkboard paint. It comes in every color, including black. The other is chalkboard spray paint. I found mine at Joann's, they also have it at Home Depot and Michael's. The spray paint gives a nice even smooth finish and I knew I wanted to use it to make these...Chalkboard wine glasses.

  
I masked off the area I wanted to paint with masking tape. I then covered the entire glass with newspaper. Then I followed the instructions on the can and sprayed! I would have a tutorial if I had thought of it before I actually started spraying. But I was too anxious to try it out. I now want to turn every surface in my house into a chalkboard.

These were a gift for a wine loving friend. I also made her some chalkboard coasters which I will be posting a tutorial for soon. I see lots of homeade holiday gifts in my future!!

Happy Tuesday!!!


8 comments:

Kim said...

oooooooooo very cool!

Rebecca Keppel said...

AWESOME idea! LOVE it!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my gosh - how fun Mara! I can see how you just keep thinking of different ways of using this stuff! My mind is already starting to spin!!!! I have some black board paper - but haven't tried any paint!!
these are too cool!!

Lee said...

What a great idea! Love your project in your previous post too.

mustangkayla said...

How fun! These would make great gifts!

Sue said...

I used chalkboard paint on a kitchen door and I love it. I could go crazy with chalkboard paint!

Joni M said...

I have never used chalkboard paint, but I have heard of it. It looks like so much fun!
Here's a funny story... my kids didn't even know what a chalkboard was! They grew up with whiteboards at school!

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE these! I have always wanted to try it too.. DANG Steve just got home from Lowes.. I should have saw this sooner he could have got me some! ;) Your friend is gonna LOVE them... I am thinking how FUN for BUNCO next month... hmmm gotta think about that one! ;)