Thursday, September 1, 2011

Papertrey Princess Challenge

I am posting my Papertrey Princess challenge today! It's an easy one, I hope. My challenge is to make and use a banner on your card. Easy, right?

I decided instead of the typical type of banner I usually make, I was going to try a sentiment banner that's kinda popped up and triangled on both sides. Okay, that doesn't even make sense...here's what I mean:


I used a piece of long thin rectangular paper, cut the ends into triangles and then folded it on itself.


When I finished this card, I realized that I didn't do any stamping!! I had some stamps right on my desk and planned on using them, but I never did. Okay Papertrey Princesses...let's see a banner. It can be a traditional style banner or a sentiment banner or a banner using hearts, the sky is the limit!!

And if you want to check out all the princesses, their blogs are in my right sidebar. Lots of great talent and inspiration to be found at those blogs!

Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great challenge and card, Mara! I love your mix of patterned paper and all the little details you added!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wonderful card and challenge. Love what you did on this one. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Appreciate it!

Unknown said...

I told you already, I adore this card! Everything is just perfect there!

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty card!!
I love the paper and the bling!!
That is one of my favorite banners I like to make!
Hope you and your family has a wonderful Labor day weekend!!

VanessaB said...

such a cute card! i love all the little embellies perfectly placed and your banner is awesome!

mustangkayla said...

What a cute cute card! Love the design!

Terri said...

Cute card. Love the flowers and the banner.

Joni M said...

What a great design! I love the banner idea! It can even squish flat for easy mailing!

Kim said...

this is just so pretty Mara, I adore all those squares!

Rebecca Keppel said...

I Love the little pp squares and the cte banner and the punched border too--just an adorable all around card!

BrendaB said...

Love your card! That mix of colors and pp's with the touches of bling - beautiful!

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous design on this. Love the paper. :)

Vannessa said...

Such a cute card - love the colours you used and the little touch of bling too. Will get onto this challenge this weekend.