Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Layout Share

I am trying to participate in a 6-week challenge at Scrapbook Deals 4 U. I actually got the first week completed and I hope to be able to find time to continue! It's a Real Life challenge and each week there is a challenge based on a TV show. This first challenge was based on American Idol. We had to showcase 1 person (no other people allowed in the photo) and the title had to be a song that was released the year that person was born. I used the song If You Could Read My Mind by Gordon Lightfoot. Never even heard it, LOL!!! This is a rare layout for me...because it's about me! There is hidden journaling under the tag which is tucked under the photo. All paper is from the gorgeous Color Me Daisy April Kit which featured Lily Bee Design papers.



I used my Cricut for all the flowers and had fun layering them with some buttons.




Also cut this butterfly with my Cricut. I just picked up all sorts of bling by Queen & Co. at a recent scrap expo. First time I opened the blue bling!!



This week the challenge is based on the TV Friends and I have to use 6 photos on my layout! Woah, that will be a challenge!! Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! What a cool photo of you, too. Love the photos of your daughter in the previous post. She's adorable! I see a softball scholarship in the works. LOL

Joni M said...

Beautiful layout, Mara! I love ths soft colors... Oh, and I've heard of that song!

Diane said...

WoW! Terrific layout! You did a fabulous job of tying all the embellies together!

Lee said...

Love the butterfly and flowers!

Maren said...

I just looove your flowers!! What a beautiful layout! :)

Have a wonderful day!

Kristii said...

Such an awesome layout!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! You are such an inspiration my friend!!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful layout! And I just love the song you chose...but I haven't heard it either....lol! Of course, I'm so bad about not recognizing song titles. If I actually heard the song, I would probably go "Ohhhh, yeah, I remember THAT song. Hmmm, didn't know that was the name of it." lol!

Can't wait to see your "Friends" layout!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful layout! You have such a way with embellishments. You add just the right little twists to make them unique. Great job.

Val said...

This is a beautiful layout. You did an amazing job on it. Thanks for sharing it.

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE this!! Such pretty colors!!! Great job!!!

melody said...

gorgeous lo chickie ~ lovin that pic of you..and scrumptious flowers and butter/tail! beautifully done

Leah said...

Beautiful LO! I love your flower embellies and the butterfly. I need to scrap more!

Shirley said...

Ok...I know this song! lol! What a great job you did on this one! Sounds like a fun challenge!

B said...

Love the fun flowers! Those are sooo cool!