Saturday, November 26, 2011

How was your Thanksgiving?

Well, I didn't plan to fall off the blog world like that. We have had a busy week! We were traveling to my mom's for Thanksgiving and my son came down with a fever the night before we were going to leave. He ended up being okay to travel but then my daughter had an earache. And then my husband came down with it. Despite that, we had a nice holiday and saw most of my family. We also went to see the new movie Arthur Christmas which was super cute! Now I have one day of rest/regrouping/taking care of sick husband before work and school starts on Monday.

How was your holiday? Did you brave the stores on Black Friday? Or shop from the warmth of your computer chair? Either way, you might need a holiday card to give with your holiday gifts you just purchased.



I used the November Citrus Tree Studio kit for this card. I love those Thicker letters, such a fun pattern! And here is something new I learned. If you string a button backwards and tie the bow behind the button, it looks pretty cool when you attach it to your card with the bow in the back. I learn something new everyday!




I hope you had a fabulous holiday weekend with your friends and family and maybe the new friends you made standing in line at 4am Friday morning. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

10 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

what a fun card, hope everybody is feeling better at your house!!! glad you had a good thanksgiving still

Cecelia said...

Hello there! I have not been by in quite a while and I love the new blog look! I hope to be getting back in the swing of things and will be stopping by more often. Love your card! Love the twine and chipboard. Hugs xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Mara! Happy Holidays!

Kim said...

totally love the circle element here mara!

Diane Jaquay said...

CUTE! Love the button and twine treatment!

VanessaB said...

what a cute christmas card: great design and love the twine and button :)

Joni M said...

I hope everyone has recovered from the weekend. This is a GREAT card! I LOVE how you did the circle, and I'm definitely going to try your twine tying method... so CUTE!

Angi Barrs said...

Super adorable. Love the stringed button. I ate way too much last week. I totally stayed away from Black Friday. Online shopping is the way to go. :) Hope your family is feeling better. :)

Terri said...

Cute card! Love your button tying trick. Will have to try it. Sorry to hear your family has been sick. Hope they are doing better now and you don't catch it.

Rebecca Keppel said...

pretty card! glad to hear you had a nice thanksgiving even with the sickies. we had some of it in our house too, but we still had a nice long weekend.