Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lots of Thank Yous

Happy Sunday everyone! We had a gorgeous day yesterday for soccer and today...it's pouring rain. My son has basketball tryouts today. Thankfully that will be inside.

Speaking of thankfully, I would like to THANK all of you for voting for me during the Practical Scrappers card contest. I didn't make it to the final round but I truly appreciate all the votes and the time you took to check out my entries. Thank you friends!

And speaking of thankfully again, do you send thank you cards? I make a big deal to my kids about sending cards after their birthdays and the holidays. But do you know what? Even though I love to make cards, I don't always get mine in the mail. Bad scrapper!! I know how nice it is to get a thank you in the mail. So I was determined to send some cards out this year for birthday gifts. So I pulled out a bunch of 6x6 paper pads, their scraps and got started.


For these, I used Bo Bunny papers, baker's twine, U.B.U. stamps from PSA Essentails, Hero Arts thank you stamp and some random bling. Easy to layer, tie, stamp and complete!

Here I used Pink Paislee Hometown Summer papers...


And here I used My Mind's Eye papers...


By using the same card design, I was able to create 6 cards in a short period of time. I used materials that would be almost flat so I could actually send these in a regular envelope. While I love making cards that have lots and lots of layers, sometimes I need one to actually fit in a regular envelope!

I hope you're having a great weekend so far, Enjoy your Sunday!!

7 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh I TOTALLY LOVE the design on the cards and just a smidge of bling!!!! adorable!!!

Joni M said...

Aww... sorry you did't make it to the final rounds, Mara. I LOVE your cards, and these are no exception! SO CUTE!!!

Sue said...

Anyone would be happy to receive one of these cards! I made sure my kids sent thank you cards too! Not many do anymore, but I'm sure it's always appreciated.

ellen s. said...

These are so awesome! i love the color palettes you chose.

melody said...

sorry you didn't make it mara ~ your work is so well deserved!
and these card are no exception ~ i absolutely love the design and placemnt ~ beautiful!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Pretty cards! Sorry to hear you didnt make it all the way in the contest :( but your cards were awesome. I almost always make thank you cards (hardly ever bday cards) but sometimes I forget to send them too. I think I owe some family members a few thank yous--off to make them :)

BethieJ said...

Mara I LOVE them.. love the design you used! SO CUTE!! I admit to being super SLOW in thank yous.. sigh! I make the kids work on theirs.. I need to have them make me! HA! :)