Monday, September 15, 2008

I can finally share

I made a bunch of gifts to give to my secret sister at my scrap retreat this past weekend and now that she has them, I can finally share on the blog! I had fun altering some wood frames and wood blocks. First time for the wood blocks and the rounded edges were giving me fits. But I figured it out and I like how they turned out.

For this frame, I bought some crackle medium from my local craft store and used it between the orange and black paints layers. Turned out pretty cool.


This one I covered with blue jeans paper and added some little boy embellies.


These are the wood blocks. My hubbie cut them for me from a redwood 4x4 we had in the garage. Some of the edges are rounded and I had a hard time getting the edges to meet up. But I figured it out and they turned out okay!


One more, I bought this frame a Home Goods and turned it into a home accent by adding just a bit of paper and a few buttons! The opening in this frame is 8x10, so it's a good size.



I think she liked everything and we had a fantastic time on the retreat. I did accomplish some scrappy things and had lots of other fun, too!!! Now...I need to make more cards for the craft fair!

4 comments:

Joni M said...

The frames are adorable, Mara! But I really love the idea of the photo cubes. What a great decorating idea!!!

BethieJ said...

Mara everything is sooo CUTE!! You did such a GREAT job!!!!

msmith434343 said...

Hey Mara! Your projects look great! You have a lucky ss :)

Thought of you yesterday in the grocery store as I ran to get some snacks and things for the girls. I ended up remembering your swimming teddies and made those real quick - the girls loved them. They're in middle school, so they're never too old to get excited about cute cupcakes - thanks for sharing them!

Alecia Wolfford said...

Sounds like FUN TIMES you had!! And love your projects!!