Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cookie Dough Toffee Dip

Thank you to everyone who voted for my card!! You can continue to vote all week, even if you already voted. Please go to THIS POST for all the information and a look at my card!

Now, on to the good stuff. The really really good stuff. I always like to bring something new to my bunco group. We are a group of 12 who get together once a month to play bunco and chat and eat. We mostly chat and eat, let's be serious. This month I really wanted something different and I've seen Cookie Dough dip on a few different sites. So I combined a few of the recipes I found into this one...Cookie Dough Toffee Dip.




Oh my, this is not for the faint hearted. It's chocolate chip cookie dough with toffee bits in a smooth dip. It's amazing. It's fantastic. It's the reason stretchy waistbands were invented, i'm sure of it. 


I served it with graham cracker sticks, pretzels rods, animal cookies and vanilla wafers for dipping. The cute graham cracker sticks were by far my favorite to use for dipping. Although the vanilla wafers were a close 2nd place!



This is best made and shared with friends and family, because having a whole bowl of this in my fridge might lead me to be permanently wearing those stretchy waistband pants.

Cookie Dough Toffee Dip
adapted from My Kitchen Cafe

8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips 
3/4 cup toffee chips

1. Add cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix very well until smooth.
2. Add chocolate chips and toffee chips. Mix well.
3. Serve with your favorite dipping utensil. This may or may not include a spoon.

If you find it too runny, add some more powdered sugar. Serve at your next get together and watch it disappear.

Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Sounds and looks delicious!

wendipooh13 said...

ok... seriously YUM!!!! printing it off!!!

Jodi said...

this looks soooooooooooooooo good!!!

VanessaB said...

drooooooooool!

Michelle H. said...

WOW!! This one I will have to try very soon!!
It looks so very yummy!!
TFS!!
I just voted for you!!
Congrats!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

oh yum--sounds delicious and easy!