Monday, October 31, 2011

Holy cow...Top 5!!

I am excited and thrilled and shocked to say that I made it to the Top 5 of the Practical Scrappers card contest!! There have been so many wonderful cards displayed over the last few weeks. Thank you for all your votes so far, they are so appreciated! I seriously never thought I would make it this far.

This week we needed to create a card using a rainbow as inspiration and that included dry embossing. I pulled out all my Papertrey Ink cardstock colors and started pulling what I needed to complete a rainbow. I don't have any embossing dies, so I decided to use my Scorpal to create score lines as my background.



I punched 1 inch circles from all the cardstock colors and made rolled flowers for each rainbow layer. I painted stickles inside each flower for a little bit of glitter and shine. And I couldn't resist adding some baker's twine!


Now is your chance to head over to Practical Scrappers and check out the other amazing top 5 cards. Each one is wonderful, I really loved seeing what everyone did with the rainbow inspiration this week. Don't forget to vote for your favorite!!

Thanks for all your support and for stopping by today!! Happy Monday!

9 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What acute card! Congrats for making the top 5!

Sarah said...

Love love love this card!!!!! Heading over to vote.....right after I pin this :)

VanessaB said...

woohoo congrats!!! and THIS card is my favorite that you've made thus far! i love love love the rainbow strips down and the rainbow flowers up.... definitely makes me smile! :)

Joni M said...

Congrats, Mara!
It looks like another winner!

patti west said...

I love this card, Mara!! So happy & fun! Congrats!!! :)

Michelle H. said...

Big Congrats!!
I love this card!!
Off to go and vote!!

Jodi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card Mara... you had my vote!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the pretty rainbow of colors and flowers, such a cute card!!!

Rebecca Keppel said...

this may be my all time fav of your always amazing cards--just love every bit of it from the scored grid to the rainbow and the kraft pennant greeting and the rolled glittered flowers--just AMAZING! I voted and am keeping my fingers crossed for you :)