Sunday, October 23, 2011

Top 10!!

I was so excited to learn this weekend that I made it to the Top 10 in the Practical Scrappers card contest!!! And I want to thank all of you for voting for me, I really truly appreciate every vote. So thank YOU!

This week's card was really difficult for me. It needed to include a chevron pattern and stitching. I searched through every single piece of patterned paper I had for something with a chevron pattern. Eventually I found some scraps that were shoved way at the bottom of a bag. Thank goodness for scraps!! And stitching is something I rarely do. So, with my chevron scraps and a needle and thread, I created this card.


I had that one green strip of paper with the chevron pattern. I paired it with some other patterns from the same collection, Oliver by Basic Grey. I also added some non-traditional stitching on the tag.




I used my circle punches to create this 'flower'. I used my scissors to cut into the circles and then sorts fluff up the flower petals. 



Please head over to the Practical Scrappers blog and you can check out all the cards in the top 10. At the end of the blog post there is a poll for you to vote for your favorite. So please check out all the beautiful cards and then cast your vote. Easy peasy!!

I hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Elena said...

it's so soft and pretty - great job!

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty pretty card! You totally rocked the challenge! LOVE that flower! I'm off to vote! :-)

melody said...

oh mara...what a beautiful and elegant card....i am SO lovin those colors...the that flowers...beautifully designed chickie!

Julia Aston said...

what great colors on this Mara - love the layered flower and the twine!

Karina said...

Congrats on the top 10. Love those cut flowers - what a great idea - such an adorable fresh little card.

VanessaB said...

awesome! congrats on well deserved top 10! love the colors and the patterns together are awesome. great job!

Unknown said...

Really cute card! I am a sucker for that crochet-y feel lace.